Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 18, 2014, 08:15:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Short notice bus-nut gathering in UP-State SC for July 21 & 22, 2007  (Read 5940 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2007, 11:48:33 AM »

I'm goin' grocery shopin' tonight & I'm planning on a little extra.

So don't let lack of 'reservations' stop you from stopping by! We'll manage to get by!  Shocked  Grin

We can always run out to the store if it looks like we'll need more.  Grin  Cool

A recap of the menu
(bring what you are able - your favorite side &/or a donation)

Friday:
supper - you are on your own  Shocked

Saturday:
breakfast - pancakes & sauasge
lunch - burgers & hot dogs & watermellon
afternoon - hand churned home made icecream  Cool
supper - BBQ  Grin

Sunday:
breakfast - pancakes & sauasge
lunch - left over burgers & hot dogs & BBQ

I hope to see LOTS of yall there!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2007, 07:52:16 PM »

Kyle, Dallas and I will be glad to bring something to contribute food wise.  Just let us know what you need.  We are thinking about getting there on Thursday and will need to pick up whatever we bring before we get there.  We no longer have my junk heap of a car and once we get the bus parked we don't want to have to move it till we have to.  It's nice to know there are still campgrounds around that let any vehicle in, even airstreams.  LOL  We are in Chester tonight at the state park and except for the heat, had a fairly uneventful trip.  Right now we are enjoying the a/c and a thunderstorm.  Nice excuse to lay back and do nothing!  Cat

Looks like thier some wher between here and chester.  That "No man's 9"

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2007, 03:02:49 AM »

We made it to the State park in Chester and found a fairly shady spot and decided to just chill a while.  We have enjoyed just a bit of vacation, no job, no packing, no bus maintenance and a nice lake we can watch all day.  We will see everyone tomorrow evening!  Looking forward to it!!  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2007, 03:51:57 AM »

FWIW I've been trying to think of something where we guys could put our collective thinking to work and find interesting...somewhere this side of a full blown seminar...and remembered that last winter I bought an Ultra-sonic leak detector.  It's great for finding those stupid little air leaks which plague us all.

While there's no substitute for the old spray bottle of soapy water this tester allows you to cover a lot more ground in a shorter period of time and zero in to the suspect areas. I'll pop a fresh battery in it and bring it along and would be happy to let anyone borrow it if they have a questionable area they'd like to check out.

Just please don't fill the listening end up with grease! Huh

That is right after I find the leak in my spare tire compartment.......

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2007, 05:23:18 AM »

Bob,
    I have my ultra sonic tester with us also and our Laser temp gun and phototach, if anyone wants to check anything on their bus.  Lookin' forward to seein' everyone.  Jack
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 05:25:30 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2007, 10:54:07 AM »

Shucks Jack...Had I known you had an Ultrasonic Tester I could have spent that money on beer or guitar lessons..."too soon old and too late smart", right?

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2007, 04:53:31 PM »

Shucks Jack...Had I known you had an Ultrasonic Tester I could have spent that money on beer or guitar lessons..."too soon old and too late smart", right?

Bob                       

Bob Dallas said you should have spent that $ on singing lessons!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2007, 09:16:04 AM »

Ok, I'm preparing for the journey in the am and I want to make sure that I have done what I can to prepare for the ride.  I have checked the normal items suchas tires, oil etc..  Everything seems to function well.  Now don't get me wrong, everything is not perfect, but working.  There are a few air leaks here and there, but it pumps up from zero in about 5 min, cranks when asked, and stops when brakes are applied.  I do need to check the coolant level but not quite sure how.  I did drive the bus a fair amount this week running everything through to motions and all seemed well.  I guess I am aprehensive due to the fact that I just got the bus and did not plan on taking it out this soon, but I really want some input and I know if I bring it I will get more than a share.  Fire away.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2007, 10:18:54 AM »

buddydog

remember my first trip in the bus. Was to Daytona bike week.

along about harleyville sc it started to run hot. had to stop and put water in about every 100 or so miles.

One of my traveling Buddy's had a new s&s with a cummins said he would follow me and look after me and the old bus.
Along about jacksonville he came across the radio and said to slow down he was having trouble keeping up. I finally pulled over and he came by blowing smoke bad.

we got it into a cumming dealer in jacksonvile. placed his bikes in my trailer and proceeded on. At daytona i pulled my dipstick out and water ran out. removed the plug and let it drain all week, filled it up with fresh oil and started home. made it back to north carolina.

The s&s made in back 6 month's later with a new cummings. The old detroit just got a new head and keeps on ticking.

look forward to seeing you this week

Ned Sanders
"Huggy Bear"

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: