Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 01:10:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hydraulic fan hose diagram needed  (Read 938 times)
white-eagle

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2007, 08:00:11 PM »

i've got a 91 model 15 with the hydraulic fans.  i replaced the pump a few months ago, but now i'm concerned about how i connected everything.  fortunately eagle was smart enough to make the fans run fast  with no flow.  but i don't know if they ever quit or just run full speed all the time.  maybe i should leave well enough alone since i just finished about a thousand miles in 90 degree outside temp and the bus ran great at 65-75 all the way, temp at 170-180.

but i've got a leak around the hose in back and i'm concerned that the hoses may be wrong.  can one of you send me a diagram that shows how the thermacouple hoses connect to the rear.  i've got two hoses connected in the front to the thermacouple which is connected to the cooling system.  those hoses are about 3 feet long and connect in the rear area near the back of the engine. 
the manual doesn't seem to say much other than it's hydraulic.  help, again please.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
luvrbus

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 09:03:18 PM »

Manasst, check with the shop at Jefferson in OK City before Roy passed away he had some manuals in the shop for the hydraulic fans he gave me one but i can not find it now when i do i will send you a copy if you want one
homermandy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 05:03:24 AM »

manasst,
 I can take a few pictures of my setup if you want me to tonight and post them. I have the hydraulic fan setup also. I just finished pulling my radiator out and cleaning grime and oil off the engine side to help with my cooling. Let me know if a pic will do. thanks

1991 Eagle 15
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 07:25:39 AM »

pics would be great!  the hoses i'm talking about run from the 2 connectors on the thermocouple straight back to a connector right along the frame just behind the rear duals, driver's side.  when we disconnected them last year until we got a new thermocouple, the guy that did it never made a note as to what went where.  so when i hooked them up, i tried to connect where they seemed to fit best.  now that i have a leak on the rear area, i want to make sure it's not becuase i hooked it up wrong and the fan is still running at full speed all the time, although that's better than too slow or not at all. Wink

since you just did your radiator, maybe you could come up and show me how to do mine.  we're only 3 hrs from you.
also, since you're so close, are you part of great lakes converted coaches.  George myers is just down the road from you.  there's a surplus and salvage rally in Elkhart this month.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
BJK Bill

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 07:50:04 PM »

I have had that pump repaired twice and it is leaking again.  Is there a better system that will hold up?
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 08:17:03 PM »

Yes there is in your 15 manual it shows the 3 different fan drives,with yours the Prevost type is the easiest with just the angle 90 at the fan and belt driven

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: