Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 05:58:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheel Bearing Maintance  (Read 614 times)
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« on: July 14, 2007, 08:31:22 AM »

A few weeks ago there was a thread of a bus nut that had broke down on the road due to wheel bearing failure.  Sorry but I don't remember who it was.  Anyway, got me to thinking that could happen to me. Yesterday I put the bus in Michelangelo's shop here in Phoenix.   Eugene, Andy and James are great guys that know a lot about MCI-9's.  By the way, he has three MCI's that he is parting out.

After pulling the bearing and the axle,  I was glad I was here.   The grease was shot, totally black, the seals where gone, leaking greasy all over the brakes.  One bearing was chipped and cracked.  Having that all corrected, today we are working on the Rear Brake Relay Valve R-12, that I've been having problems with.  If time permits we plan to pull the tag axle to check them also.

Bill
Departing Phoenix the end of the month

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: