Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 11:07:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on"Almost on topic, BIG RIG Campsite design "  (Read 689 times)
maria-n-skip

« on: July 18, 2007, 07:48:02 AM »

In April I posted this and got a lot of good responses and Ideas.
It is amazing what can happen in less than 4 months.

DrDave has his new place. Dallas and his better half are at BK's
 Brian's repower is moving along amazingly and others of you that have worked hard on your own projects.

and for my plans on a big rig camp ground...

Well shortly after I originally posted the county commissioners passed the new land use policy for the county.
 They threw out DEQ(dept of Environ Quality) septic policies and went with the most restrictive (expensive)
 systems. For me just updating my septic could cost upwards of $20k  for a RV camp of just 20 slips would be well over
 100k and hiring the service of a lic waste engineer to keep checks on the system.

One of the county commissioner made the comment well if the citezens don't like it they can always sue us. We have
 staff lawyers so it won't bother us.   Well the system maybe slow and not always work but currently there is a class action
 lawsuit and another 300 individual lawsuits waiting in the wings.

So I haven't lost hope and I can be patient

Skip

cody

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 08:14:39 AM »

If you can find a commissioner in the bunch that has a relative that has an interest in some park within a reasonable distance from you, then you can sue that commissioner in his private capacity for a conflict of interest and include the entire board in the private suit on his behalf, that had an immediate result in this area when a simular situation developed, suddenly they became much more receptive to reasonable requirements in this area. Most cities only indemnify their officials when they are operating within the bounds of their jobs, so you would have to imply that the action of that commisioner stepped outside his legal capacity and into his private life.  Just a thought, but up here when that was done it didn't even have to go to court, serving the papers was enough to bring about an emergency meeting of the board that resulted in action that everyone could live with.
maria-n-skip

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 08:32:30 AM »

Cody,

In an odd way that would be more acceptable to me. We have 3 county commissioners per county.
 In our county of the three I have known one for 20 years and was a friend that tried for years to get me into
 politics. In my opinion I can't believe what he has turned into and I'm glad I didn't listen to him.
 The second one my wife's boss is married to. The third one is the one that made the so sue us statement.

To me the basic summation of the situation is:
     Stupid is as stupid does.

Skip
cody

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 10:20:03 AM »

In an even stranger way, I understand completely, we're in a small area too, and strange things have a way of happening around here, as an example, they just enacted a blight ordinance that by itself would be a good thing for cleaning up some area's that are desperately in need of it but now contractors must leave a jobsite in acceptable condition, even when they leave for the day while a project is in process, so the last 2 hours of the day are not used to work on any job, but rather to police the area and move any material from sight only to be brought back out the next morning to be used for the job.  This brings up the cost of projects and in an area where money is not freely passed around, this is hurting everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: