Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 06:07:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Board  (Read 3779 times)
gus

Ignore
« on: April 02, 2006, 08:40:58 PM »

Phil,

The new board is great and I sure hesitate to make any comment, but, could you please lighten the background a bit. The "Microsoft Gray"is hard on these old eyes. I've completely eliminated it on my computer. White would be ideal but that is your choice. White would even make all the buttons stand out more.

Thanks,

gusc

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 12:54:10 PM »

Phil,

The new board is great and I sure hesitate to make any comment, but, could you please lighten the background a bit. The "Microsoft Gray"is hard on these old eyes. I've completely eliminated it on my computer. White would be ideal but that is your choice. White would even make all the buttons stand out more.

Thanks,

gusc

Hello there gusc!  Welcome to the board.  I will put that on the to-do list.  There is an option where I can let the members choose their own layout.  If available, I will turn that option on, then you can choose what suits your needs the best.

Hope this helps,
Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Kristinsgrandpa

1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 03:44:54 PM »

I agree with Gus about the background color, the white is easier on the eyes.
Also the spell check is important if you have archives as a mis-spelled word would be over looked when doing a search. I've already run into this problem on other boards.
Ed

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 04:41:58 PM »

I agree with Gus about the background color, the white is easier on the eyes.
Also the spell check is important if you have archives as a mis-spelled word would be over looked when doing a search. I've already run into this problem on other boards.
Ed

Greetings Ed.  Hopefully I can provide some options available to each user for their layout. 

I have just enabled a feature which will enable each user to select their own theme.  Now I have to find out what that means  Grin

Probably will have to upload a couple more to the board, which will give you a different look and feel.  Hopefully, one with a white background.  More news after some testing.

Spell checker is proving more difficult as our ISP hasn't exactly been helpful on this yet.   But I'm not done with them yet.  I don't quit that easy!!!

I'll keep everyone posted on the spell check feature as I progress.

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
gus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 07:37:44 PM »

Phil,

One more thing and I'll let you alone. Will I be able to change the font size the same way? I especially find it difficult to read the poster's time at the top of the post.

thanks,

gusc

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 07:44:40 PM »

OK GUSC,

Time for a new pair of goggles!!!!

My daughter can see the time from 5 feet away!

Can you see this now!

Ha!Ha!

« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 07:46:40 PM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
gus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 07:56:18 PM »

Thanks Nick, cute, I really needed that! I hope that when you're 76 you have good eyes.

I just changed over to Classic YaBB SE Theme and now all is finally clear.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 08:06:47 PM »

Sorry Gusc,

I'm sometimes too goofy.

I have nothing but respect for my bus friends!!

Nick-

Thanks Nick, cute, I really needed that! I hope that when you're 76 you have good eyes.

I just changed over to Classic YaBB SE Theme and now all is finally clear.

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 08:59:21 PM »

I'm only 60 and need one eye (the plastic one, be a great place for a bionic eye!) and would love to be able to use the other one.   Estimate 3 or 4 years of vision left.  I can still drive the bus though....hold my beer and watch this!
My biggest aggravation is trying to get into a position where I can focus on whatever I'm working on. 
Installling the Vena monitor that I bought and couldn't begin to see the colors on the tiny wires that are used to install the thing...parts everywhere.  Finally did get it installed and  working.  Nice item.   Don't have the AC Amps feature enabled.  Had to download a manual off their website to finish the job.   Works very nicely otherwise.  May setup the AC amps tomorrow nite.   This thing is compact and reads 4 parameters at a time on what may be 4 other screens.
Reads DC Volts on 2 batts, DC amps/kw, time, temp, AC amps, Ac voltage, Htz, and everything can have an alarrm set for each highs and lows.   It will also read to incoming hots such as 50 amp service with an additional transformer and switch.    Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: