Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 02:48:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Velvac mirror bases  (Read 1092 times)
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« on: July 20, 2007, 05:34:15 PM »

I recently found a deal on two of the large, heated/remote, chrome Velvac mirrors for my coach, but have an issue with the bases. I either need flat bases, or a different radius than what I have.
I guess I could have some adapters machined, but want to take advantage of the expereince I always find here.

Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Thanks.

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 10:06:10 AM »

I called Velvac and told them the model number of the mirrors and that I need the base for my Eagle. You may have to measure the radius where the mirrors mount.  Velvac was very helpful and I do not remember the bases being very expensive.
Tom Hamrick
1984 Eagle 10S

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 09:49:53 AM »

My neighbor with the CNC machine shop just dropped off the Velvac mirror bases. He did an awesome job, they now fit my radius perfectly, and he wouldn't even charge me for it. Not even any damage to the chrome finish.
I guess he really appreciated it when I fixed his home air conditioner last summer, after it had been out for 3 years...LOL.

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
cody

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 10:07:16 AM »

Thats nice when that happens, it just doesn't seem to happen all that often, I often exchange my cabinetry work for other work that I can't do.  Works out well for everyone.  Your example of working together was great, to be able to trade one skill for another helps all of us do things that could possibly strain a budget and would be difficult at best, often I find the labor greatly exceeds the cost of the material.  I know in my case, my pockets arn't very deep lol, and there is no shortage of people with their hands in them lol.
donnreeves

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 10:49:04 AM »

I just ground them a little at a time untill they fit. Mine are not on too sharp of a radious but the top to bottom angle had to be changed a lot to get them to mount level. Velvac wasn't too helpfull with the wiring harness and switches. so I made my own harnesss and used a Chevy switch.   Donn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: