Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 02:17:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S.C. Mini Rally update  (Read 2511 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« on: July 21, 2007, 07:11:43 AM »

Looks like Paula has the only phone that will get from the campground, but the mountain view is gorgeous! So far we have 5 buses and 3 S&S. Kyle is expecting at least 2 more buses today. Very laid back and relaxing. Looks like maybe a little mountain shower coming but nice cool temperatures.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 03:31:32 PM »

I just got home from the rally. WOW WHAT FUN!!!   Grin

I had too much fun to be able to remember all the names, but the guilty know who they are.  Wink
Besides, my buddy, Gary, came to document things in pictures (I hope that's why he wrote names down. Cheesy )

Everyone pitched in to make for a wonderful time, I know I had the best time in a LONG time! I was busy the whole time, I have so much more respect for Jack & Paula for what they do with their rally. Jack & Paula gave me some great advice for the next one. Oh yes, there will be another one. We're working out the details for one in October so we can enjoy the leaves changing color.

No one fussed about lunch being late Saturday, so I guess they were having too much fun to notice.  Cool

We had enough kids to hand churn the ice cream, & what a great job they did at it!

I must apologise for the BBQ, it must have been bad because they didn't eat it all last night.  Huh
But after lunch today, there was nothing left! So much for my leftovers for lunch idea  Cry

Brandon & Nicki, Thanks for making the trip, you guys are great & I look forward to seeing you again!

Leroy & Lila, Wow, what can I say? & I can't believe y'all live so close! We're looking forward to seeing so much more of you!

Jack & Paula, Thanks for helping. You guys enrich the lives of everyone.

HuggyBear, I wish I could have spent more time with y'all, I know I'm looking forward to the next time!

Gary & Linda, Thanks for watching out for me & bailing me out before I realized I was in need.

NCBob & Jackie, as always, my pleasure! You guys are fabulous!

Dallas & Cat, y'all make any rally worth the effort! Glad to see 'ya again & look forward to next time.

Jon & Mandy, Thanks for fitting us into your overcrowded schedule. Enjoyed the company & your kids kept mine occupied  Grin

Phil & Tammy, you have to be at all future rallies! wouldn't consider having one with out ya!

Last but not least, my Mom & Dad. You guys are the best parents anyone could ask for! Without your support & encouragement, this wouldn't have happened. (getting to use your airstream trailer was nice too  Grin )

If I left anyone out, I'm sorry (after this weekend, you should already KNOW how sorry I can be  Wink ), but you can have top billing at our next rally.

Thanks again to all who participated, you made it so easy & worth the effort, not to mention that we all had fun!

I should have done this years ago!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Dreamscape

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 03:41:17 PM »

Hi Kyle,

Glad y'all had a good time! Hope our Texas gathering goes so well.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 05:08:11 PM »

Hey Paul, It'll go just fine, you have the finest people in the world attending - BUSNUTS!!!!

I wanted to do this as a stepping stone for a future rally to learn what to & not to do & get the opinions of some more seasoned busnuts as to the facilities & schedule. It looks like I'm gonna have a few 'repeaters' on the next one.  Grin

Even tho no one complained about my cooking (not loud enough for me to hear, anyways), I'm thinking that next time we'll do more pot luck & some prepaid catered. I really like the fellowship to be had while eating together. I'd also like to be able to feed those in attendance that have less than useable kitchens.  Shocked

There will be some great stories told by more than one attendee concerning finding 'The Cove'. Seems if you miss just one turn . . . . Well, let's just say the scenic route isn't as enjoyable when you are 'lost' in a huge motorhome or bus.  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 09:27:41 PM »

Got any photos? Sounds like it was a fun get together.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 04:52:36 AM »

It was a fun get together!

Gary was the official photographer & was leaving this morning (Monday). I'm hoping he will share some photos here. Cell phone reception at the Cove is almost nonexistant.  Cool

There is another thread about the South Carolina rally that has a few pictures in it.  Grin

The park is booked solid for October, but one of the rallys is small & I'm trying to work out the details on how we can share the facilities without intefering with their plans.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:55:35 AM by kyle4501 » Logged

Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 06:02:23 AM »

Those of you reading this and not attending the "Kyle Cesar's Head 2007 Summer Gathering" missed another good fun weekend.  I just got home, not unpacked yet but will do that and start my photo downloading on the computer etc.  Give me a couple of days to complete, announcement of photos on my web site will be posted on this MAK thread & on BNO as soon as they are completed.

Gary

Gary
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 06:46:45 AM »

Thanks Gary.

Your efforts this weekend sure did help to make a great weekend. The Karokie was a hit & you managed it well!

BTW, this rally is as much yours as mine (you're not gonna make me take all the blame  Grin )

I couldn't have done it without your (& Linda's) help 'ya know.

buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 01:14:30 PM »

We had a great time this weekend.  It was a joy to meet everyone and look at all of the conversions.  It has really motivated me to keep moving on the bus.  Now I just have to find that pot of gold...

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
dawggrl

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 01:24:44 PM »

I see someone came straight home and got on the board!  Tongue

Nickie Stewart
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 01:25:18 PM »

You mean to tell me that Dallas's external cell phone antenna did not work?

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Dallas

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 01:31:18 PM »

I, too would like to voice a public thank you to Kyle, his parents and family, Gary and Linda and all the people who made it possible.

Buddydawg and Dawgirl, It wouldn't have been nearly as much fun if you hadn't shown up. If you had broken down, I'm 99% certain that someone would have been more than happy to drive down and help. However, when it comes to making wrong turns, your on your own. It was a pleasure and a treat to meet you. (BTW, Ernie says "Hi" to Sadie!).

I sure am glad that everyone got a chance to meet me. I just know it was a real treat for them!  Grin

Dallas

Jim.... I broke My antenna  Angry After I rest up from the arduous trip from there to here, I'll fix it.
DF
dawggrl

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 01:42:46 PM »

It was great to meet everyone.  Thanks for the great time.   Sadie says Ernie is welcome on her bus anytime.  It was much more fun once we came off the mountain.  LOL  Grin But I am glad we did it and hopefully can make another one soon!

Nickie Stewart
Charles Seaton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 01:44:16 PM »

Hey Guys,

I'm green with envy up here.  My bus is parked in Central Connecticut. (rents are too high in NY) And I am planning to move to eastern, NC.  Already have a house but can't leave my job just yet.  However, it is great to know that there are some real bus nuts down there.  Especially Buddydawg as his coach is very similar to mine (SDM 5302).
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 03:19:40 PM »

Charles Seaton,
Try to come to the Delaware rally which is just a few weeks away, and should be kinda closer to you than us and we'is going to it.  You'll have great fun there also, GUARANTEED!!
Gary

Gary
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 03:28:35 PM »

Thanks to all involved and makin me have a shakedown cruise.  In my short visits it was great to see some old friends and make some new.  

It still true, everybody except NCBob looks better than they do on the board Grin  Still good to see ya Bob and thanks again for the coupla cold refreshments.

Thanks to Kyle for putting it all together put it and talkin Airstreamfred into helpin.  The flapjacks were awesome.  The q was delicious.  And the Kyl-a-politan (Choc-Pea-Tutti) Icecream was worth stealin!

Hope another one might fall into place soon.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 05:14:29 PM »

What a GREAT week end!  And so many to thank for it.  First and most to the whole Brandt family for their gracious sharing of their secret hideaway.

And too, to all the great BusNuts and friends who made such a happening so joyous.

We've returned home but certainly not alone.  Dallas & Cat, Jack & Paula Conrad and Uncle Ned and Wilma Sanders all returned to our beautiful mountains for a couple of days.

And the beat goes on......

Thank you one and all....it's sooo great to be BusNuts and know all these wonderful people!

Jackie & NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 05:23:53 PM »

Kyle, you did an awesome job of planning for the rally.  Even down to the weather.  We all had a great time.  Last night after most everyone left the 4 buses that were going to head to Franklin, along with Gary and Linda and Phil and Tammy got together for a potluck dinner.  We had contributions from the camp hosts who were just finishing up as we got to the shelter.  We had hoped they would join us because we certainly had plenty of food but we were a bit late in inviting them.  We really appreciate all you and your folks did in making the rally a wonderful experience.  It was nice to see the folks we had already met and to get to meet Brandon and Nicki and Sadie.  Great to have neat folks like them in our big bus family.  Maybe before long we can include Phil and Tammy in that group and they will no longer be S&S folks.  We are really hoping we can make the next one.  Thanks again!   Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 05:46:15 PM »

Phil & Tammy ARE REAL busnuts! Phil has 6! (4104, 06, 07, 4501, MCI7, & a Prevost LeMarage) He has been all over in his 4107. He only had 4 night's notice & he simply didn't have time to prep the bus, so he took a page out of my cheat book - He borrowed his Dads camper  Grin

The planning was easy, I just figgured what we'd need for the weekend & doubled it - You know how much kids eat!  Shocked

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2007, 02:46:49 AM »

Believe me, I know they are real bus nuts, and also real nuts.  I just meant I hoped they could come in a bus next time.  They are really fun people and I was really glad that they just jumped right in and seemed to feel at home.  I loved Tammy getting up with Mandi and singing for us.  They were really worth watching as much as listening to.  I think everyone will be talking about the fun we all had for a long time. 

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2007, 05:56:13 AM »

Yeah, I figgured you knew, I just wanted others to know, Ya know - that I'm not the only one with more than a few busses.  Grin

Maybe he will get online now, or at least Tammy can & fill him in on the chatter anyways!

Y'all be saving up for the next gathering at THE COVE (in October, I hope).  Grin

Although September is good apple picking time . . . . & good apples mean good applebutter  Grin  Grin  Grin

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2007, 10:28:46 AM »

Quote from: kyle4501
Grin  Although September is good apple picking time . . . . & good apples mean good applebutter  Grin  Grin  Grin         

Great bring some to the "September BK's Bash in TN" (as Cat named it! LOL!)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 11:37:14 AM »

I don't make apple butter.  Shocked
I let beautiful ladies make it for me.   Cool

Maybe if you are real nice, Lila will bring you some too  Grin

I shared mine with others, so you be nice too. Although it will be easier to share if you don't taste it first. Lila makes gooooooooood applebutter  Grin

FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 10:43:24 AM »

Kyle,

Let us know as soon as you have an idea of a date in October.

Not all of us are retired, but we are working towards it Grin

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 09:51:14 AM »

finally made it back to nc. after the great bus bash.
 thanks to kyle for a great weekend and to every one for a great week.
 Enjoyed a great time with ncbob and jackie. jack and paula, and dallas and kat.
 What a great way to spend a week , with bus nuts.

Thanks to all for a great time
uncle ned and wilma
"huggy bear"

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 10:00:32 AM »

Cliff & others, the dates are October 12 to 14th, early arrivals & late stays are usually OK.

Uncle Ned, Glad you enjoyed it & got home safe after a great trip! Was good to meet 'ya!

See y'all in October!

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: