Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 11:11:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buffalo Headsign Wanted - Trade?  (Read 594 times)
steveggt

Ignore
« on: July 23, 2007, 11:05:49 PM »

Hey All!

I'm in the very slow process of restoring a seated 4107 for private use.  She was delivered new to Blue Bird in Olean, NY and eventually worked her way out west to Tanner Gray Line in Los Angeles.  Interestingly, Tanner kept Blue Bird's headsign.  The sign is still in the bus.  I'm just not fond of the current readings like Philadelphia, Fayetteville, Atlanta, Wilmington, etc.

I live in Northern CA, and although I've traded a few goodies away in exchange for two Peerless Stages headsigns, I'd like to get something from Eastshore Lines, Western Greyhound, or some other California or San Francisco Bay Area operator.  The headsign is 40" wide and the lettering is about 5" tall.

If anyone is interested in the readings or a possible trade, email me offlist/offgroup at steveggt@yahoo.com and let's chat.  In your email's "subject" line, put something like "buffalo headsign trade"...don't put "hello"...my spam filter will dump that really fast.

Thanks everyone!

- Steve
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 05:42:12 PM »

Steve, a thought.  Another option is to have a new sign made - that's what we did for our 4107.  You can replace the old sign, or tape the new one onto the end of the old sign (our choice).  It'll let you do custom destinations ...  ours include "WRONG BUS"  "NOWHERE via subway", as well as "PRIVATE COACH", and a couple for routes I used to drive - as well as some others.  I'm on a business trip right now, so I don't have the contact information, but there was a discussion here a few months ago.  Transign in Michigan produced my sign, if Roadrunner Texas sees this, I wouldn't be surprised to see John post the contact info.

Arthur

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 11:55:13 AM »

My 1974 4905 has the original in it all lights work and in good shape has disneyland etc in it it cae from San Jose CA you provide a private coach sign and pay shipping and you can have it. I will be back in Quartzsite sometime in Sept. I just arrived in Michigan yesterday let  me know and I can make a list of signson the roll.

LarryH

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: