Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 05:15:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On the Road Again -------> Elkhart  (Read 763 times)
white-eagle

Ignore
« on: July 24, 2007, 08:06:34 PM »

We leave in the early AM (bout 9ish) for Elkhart for a week with other busnuts at the annual Surplus and Salvage Rally.  There will be some others much more knowledgeable than i, so i have 4 days to do some work with plenty of immediate feedback as to whether i grabbed the right size wrench or not.  Roll Eyes

thanks to Jack Conrad, one project is the linear actuators to raise the bed.  no more hoisting that sucker up and trying to get a board under it quick.  also, no more running to do it because now my wife can do it herself.  or at least soon she will be able to.  Smiley

i also ordered the cruise control system which should be waiting for me at the campground.

i'm stopping for biodiesel in Norwalk, then hitting the Turnpike west.  Not a terrifically long ride, about 4 hours.
New hydraulic hoses on the fans, oil up to just below fill, 3 more gallons in the bay, ATF for the power steering and ht740, batteries charged and i kicked the tires.

i think about 15 buses scheduled.  we'll be there until Sunday.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
D+C4106

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 08:17:51 PM »

Tom,  Wave as you go by. Have a good time for those of us that can't make it this time.    Denis    Berlin Heights
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 08:19:46 PM »

Good time and lots of discussion looking at some of the features on so many units.  so far, about 17 buses and 35 or so folks.  2 Eagles, a few MCI's, a couple Prevosts, a few GMC's and 1 1946 Spartan ( Different looking, only 1 left, but in great condition).

We hit a few of the surplus stores, spent a few dollars on rivets, then back to camp to start examining my projects. But we decided it needed more examination, so we sat down, opened a cold beverage and contemplated options.

typical bus rally???

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: