Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 27, 2014, 11:58:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SC to TN - Not a Bad Trip So Far... Except for..  (Read 3397 times)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2007, 08:10:48 PM »

LMAO and ROTF reading about Cat packing wheel bearings. 
I don't thing T's gonna get into that work without 3 or 4 pairs of super gloves.   
Ya'll had a trip sorta like I predicted.   I predicted things would pop up, and Dallas would fix'em and off they'ed go again....for a while.   But, with Cat's talents...I figgured she would get Dallas and the bus to Union City.  No problem. Wink
I do have a problem.  Union City is too far for us because T cannot get out of her job during the new 'mesters.   The only places we can go now will be local, say less than 100 miles, so T can drive up on Friday. 
I'm deeply sadden'd that T'vill is no more.  I enjoyed that .... Cry
Oh well, I'll just have to be depressed.  Cry  I'm depressed now. Grin 
Oops, no more... Grin
Where's Union City?  I thought it was up north of Nashville?  I'll check here in a minute. 
Well, I hope all goes great for all of ya'll busnuts peoples.   I'd love to come out for the bash...it  would be in the car if I made it.  Sorta like my first NJT Roundup.   Drove a one day 6oo mile round trip for that one.  Enjoyed.  No bus, no bath, no chilled adult beverages...No motels...had to go.  Long drive too.  Still enjoyed myself. 
Wish the best of luck to all of ya'll Especially Cat and Dallas!
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2007, 09:11:17 PM »

JR, tell Terri she should try packing bearings.  That grease makes your hands feel so soft. I really do enjoy it and have already staked my claim to any packing that gets done here at BK's. 

We hate you two can't come to the rally but definitely understand.  Union City is in northwest TN, almost at the KY line.  It is a small town but beautiful around here.  Pretty good drive for you but we would love to have you for the day or even two.  We could find some place for you to sleep if you want to sleep over.  That way you could have a couple of adult beverages.  LOL 

As for my talents....I crack a mean whip!! 

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2007, 04:32:18 PM »

Dennis, that was a term I learned well back in the '50's when I was in the Military and there weren't parts available...you had to fall back on your farm experience and make do......

JR, don't feel bad...we want to go like a bee wants to go to honey..but it's just not practical again this year. I can't believe that BK is having a problem putting a rally together...but for the price of fuel and the distance to where they are...it, for us, takes it out of the equation. Egads!  Everyone who knows us....knows we love to party..but for us it's just beyond reach.

A thousand miles round trip is not beyond the reach of the bus...but I can't get Sarge to part with the money!

We hope that more mid-westerners can make it and there's no doubt a great time will be had by all!

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: