Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 02:15:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mini Bike as a camp ground vehicle???  (Read 3069 times)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2007, 05:36:45 PM »

Out here on the Right Coast, most campgrounds don't allow any gas powered toys.  Not even gas powered golf carts...however, I was in one of those "limited" campgrounds recently and it had a good number of gas powered golf carts zipping everwhere.  Most are so quiet that they sound like electric.   I'm waiting for a speed limit in campgrounds...most electric golf carts have been jiggered to run 35 mph or better.  Mine won't.. but a lot of them will. 
Last week I bought an electric Club Car golf cart for the above described reasons. 
Some time back, you saw ATVs, mini-bikes, all sorts of neat modes of transportation.  Now you must have  drivers license and insurance to operate an electric golf cart.  You'll have to verify the insurance in most large campgrounds. 
The major campgrounds at the SC and NC beach won't even allow running tagged and licensed motorcycles inside.  They have special parking areas for scoots.  I'd never leave mine out in an open lot like that, but a good many people do.  You can push it to your campsite...but don't start it.  Ever pushed a big bike in sand?  That ain't gonna happen either. 
My thoughts are don't go to a lot of trouble to carry a gasoline powered toy.  Find an electric power gizmo or a bicycle. 
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
JimG

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2007, 06:48:56 PM »

Our experience at the state park here in Ohio is that our electric scooter is no longer allowed with or withour a drivers license. It is a motorized vehicle and cannot be licensed. I have been thinking about taking the scooter apart and mounting the drive system on a bicycle as a "motor assist", hoping that would make it legal.
Jim G. - Ohio 1979 RTS-II 40X96

Jim & Linda Gochnauer Plain City, Ohio
1979 RTS-II 40'X96"
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 06:40:16 AM »

I was afraid of stories like this. Dang. I'm sure it all comes from someone or a very small select few abusing the right. Oh well............. I have Mountain bikes.

Back to pedaling,
     Chaz

anybody in the market for a Bronco minibike or Allstate scooter???   Tongue

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: