Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 09:41:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upstate SC Rally, October 12 to 14th - MAYBE NOT  (Read 3997 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« on: July 26, 2007, 12:22:10 PM »

I JUST RECEIVED A CALL FROM THE PRESIDENT OF PALMETTO COVE.

IT SEEMS THERE ARE COME CHARTER MEMBERS OF THE PARK THAT STILL DON'T LIKE NON-AIRSTREAMS IN THEIR PARK. IT IS THOSE FEW THAT ARE MAKING A FUSS ABOUT INCOMPLETE COACHES NOT IN KEEPING WITH THE THEME OF THE PARK. THEY ARE HAVING A DOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING & OUR USE OF THE PARK WILL BE ONE OF THE TOPICS DISCUSSED. MORE LATER

I'm waiting to hear back from Palmetto Cove concerning availability & etc. But October 12th  to 14th is looking like our best shot at the moment.

http://palmettocove.com/?download=Cove%20Brochure.pdf

To have more clout in the discussions, I need an idea of how many will be there.

So Please SPEAK UP !

After I get some idea of how many will be there, I can finalize plans & develop a registration form.

Preliminary ideas:
- Pot luck dinners?
- One pot group dinner - beef stew, chicken & dumplings, grilled meat, etc. with pot luck sides?
- Smores, of course!
- Lots of talking B.S. (Bus Stuff, what were you thinking?  Grin )

Any other good ideas?

Let me know,
Thanks,
Kyle
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 07:51:51 AM by kyle4501 » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 12:24:59 PM »

Kyle, count me in.  party of 3.
Gary

Gary
4104GA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 08:40:50 PM »

Kyle put us down for the bus and two people. Sam & Sandy Phillips

Enjoy your ride
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 09:52:52 AM »

Thanks Gary & Sam!  Smiley

I just heard from the Cove. Oct 12 to 14th is OK, but we won't be able to use the dining hall or shelter at night  Cry. The shelter is usually for everyone to share during the day.

Jon Morris has graciously offered to bring a large tent (think circus big top Cool) for us to use if necessary.

We can reserve the buildings for next years rally if we have enough show up.  Grin

This rally is taking place, so I'll be working on a registration form to post here.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 09:56:13 AM by kyle4501 » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 10:21:15 AM »

The tent is a great idea, thanks Jon for the offer and we will be more comfortable with it.  looks like just the registration, and showing up is the issues we now have.  I will do more on the food prep this time Kyle, I never cooked anything buy ravaoli and beeferoni's 27 years ago when I got divorced but will do my best to contribute more this time.  We all have to probably need to help just a little more so Kyle and family can also enjoy mingling with our group.  Having the ten behind our buses will be cool, we can meander in and out anytime and not bother the other S&S campers lol. 

Your're doing great Kyle, Jack will be proud of you also in two more years as you grow. 

Gary

Gary
4drifter

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 12:53:09 PM »

kyle if i can get the fuel i will be there,aloso  i will bring lila.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 01:54:49 PM »

I'll bring you the fuel in dixie cups if that's what it takes to get you & Lila there  Grin

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 02:10:35 PM »

Kyle, for that amount of fuel, I think he should pay you with more apple butter.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
mikeH8H-649

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 03:23:04 PM »

Kyle,Kathy and I should be able to make it,sounds like fun   Mike
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 05:09:27 PM »

Hi Kyle,
Put us down too!  That weekend is "malleable"..I can cancel our previous plans.   Be Friday afternoon before we arrive...T  cannot get out of work.  Anyway, someone's gotta pay for the fuel!  Roll Eyes
I may have overlooked something, but where is the CG?   
You oughta be able to get Bob n Jackie down there...not too far from them? Unless they've fired back to Cliff's place for the winter.

Cheers, JR and Terri

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 05:18:55 PM »

Ummm....found the link to the campground.  Very nice.
I'll check with Anita and John and see if they are available.  They are gonna owe me after the middle of September...time to collect!
See ya'll there!  JR  Cool

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 05:33:38 PM »

Kyle,

OK,  I have scheduled some time off for a lonnnnnnnnng weekend.

Put us down for 4.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.  You know who you are!  Tongue

Cliff, Julie, Kelsey and Patrick

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 06:40:04 PM »

I told you kyle, you'll be in for a good time, you'll see with these guys coming in especially also if Anita & John can come and they play that great music of theirs.  Gonna be a party that weekend!! 
Gary

Gary
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2007, 07:15:02 AM »

Golly Kyle!  With the roster I just read of those wanting to attend you couldn't imagine that Jackie & I could possibly sit here in Franklin for that week end do you?  Please add us in as well.

Since we're able to go early you can count on us for any assistance we're physically capable of doing.

Since I always carry a 2.5 gallon container of diesel I can stop by Leroy & Lila's and top him off.  That might hold him until spring or until the next Table Top rally. He'll have to make it to Arcadia on his own though.....

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 07:53:14 AM »

SEE THE FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD FOR NEW INFO ADDED IN RED ON 7-28-07

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: