Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 12:07:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upstate SC Rally, October 12 to 14th - MAYBE NOT  (Read 3902 times)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2007, 01:42:26 PM »

Kyle, looking at the camping guidebook, there seems to be a good many campgrounds scattered about I-85 and I-26 that are not in the mountains..or at the edge of them as is Palmettor CG.  The flatland CGs won't be full for leaf season.  Maybe something is available in another CG?  Wouldn't matter to me at all.   
Most campgrounds will have issues with parking everyone together...and while that would be nice, the lack of such parking arrangements wouldn't be a show stopper for Terri and me. 
Another problem with upscale campgrounds is the dreaded term "bus"...they envision brightly painted hippie skoolies full of rude druggies. 
Good luck with making arrangements!  Found out that T will be off for 11th and 12th of October.  Cool!
Gimmie some good news!  JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2007, 02:05:12 PM »

Kyle, looking at your last post I am reminded of a quote I read once that said'
(Your character is what you are...when you are alone!"

Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2007, 04:21:26 PM »

Kyle,
No matter where the bus gathering will be held I am still in for the weekend of OCT -12-14th.  Let us know what for sure, no tent, so what!!!  we can make about 4-6 spaces between a couple of buses only if possible and if the park area where we will park is not too packed for us all to gather if we want, maybe big enough to also cook there between buses and stay private without infringing on the Airstream Rally.  It will be worth what ever we have to do to have the "Kyle SC Fall Gathering" at Palmetto Cove as you will see if you attend.  Kyle, You have time to try to figure out what we can do, we will not need much power as it should be cooler then also.  If your rig is not needing full power then perhaps those that are can get the power hook ups. 

I can dump my poop out here at Greenville Waste Treatment farm, have a tank of water in my S&S for shower etc., a portable 12v battery and small inverter for a outside light if I need it to save the batteries, my refer is ok on Gas, I don't see a problem!!

Again I cannot stress the  beauty you will see at this park for what ever it takes to go there at any time.  Again, if you want it there in October 11-12th, there will be 2 adults, 1 grandaughter, 2 great little female puppies in our S&S, hope to see you all still there.

Lets do it!!  let us know if you will show.

Gary

Gary
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2007, 08:43:48 PM »

Hey Y'all!

I think we should meet there at the cove that weekend without rally status. We all know how to camp independently, right? We all know how to cook for ourselves, right? Most, if not all can handle a few nights without hookups, right? If we get together under our awnings for a pot luck, COOL! (We should avoid any tents as it may add to their apprehension, once they know us, I'm sure things will improve!)

The worst would be that all of the available spaces are used & some may have to park in the 'overflow area' without hookups. Since there are 2 other rallies happening that weekend (Mom says that last year, they didn't even fill half the park for the 2 rallies - so available spaces shouldn't be a problem anyway), we won't be able to use the dining hall at all & the shelter at night. The shelter is usually common during the day. We will probably be grouped together since the other rallies will be grouped also.

This will be a good time to show what true busnuts really are:
The best of the best!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2007, 08:51:45 PM »

If they saw me pull in with my bus and how it is shedding its paint I bet it would make for some unhappy Airstreamers Angry. I might easily dash any future rallies there single-handedly Cry.  I think Airstream was smart not to paint their trailers.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Its the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2007, 05:39:07 AM »

If, for some strange reason, the campground shouldn't have enough space for those of us who show up.....
we might consider dropping by Leroy's place.  Think of all the fuel is would save him. Cheesy

Hehehehe...now I didn't really want to start anything....much.....

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2007, 09:02:21 AM »

You might want to make sure your rig can go off road, the mile long drive can challenge a highway bus.  Shocked

But the scenery is awesome!  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: