Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 03:05:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: revitalizing rubber any secrets?  (Read 1507 times)
grantgoold

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2006, 05:51:15 PM »

I have several rubber pieces on the 9 that need cleaning and retailization. I know about rubber paints but would like to aggressively clean and revitalize before trying paint.

Any suggestions?

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 10:33:16 PM »

Greetings,

Well, I don't even know about the rubber paints..  Do these work well?  If so, what are some of the brands? 

What are some of the pieces on your mc9 you wanted to revitalize?  Sounds interesting.  Anyone out there with suggestions? 

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 05:31:30 AM »

I have investigated the professional grade rubber/vinyl paints and they may be an option. I have about 30 plus rubber end caps for the rub rails and while a few are bad, most are simply grime covered. I was looking for a busnut trick of the trade that might clean and revitalize the rubber. So far it sounds like a good soaking in simple green for a few days, elbow grease on each piece and then paint.  Right now I am balancing time value of money and over 250.00 in replacement costs.

Thanks

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: