Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 10:36:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing Bus Caps on a 1972 GMC 4905  (Read 1331 times)
zephyr

Ignore
« on: August 03, 2007, 10:00:46 AM »

Looking for information on installing bus caps on a 1972 GMC 4905 coach.  Does anyone have any info on this topic?  Any suggestions etc. would be greatly appeciated!

Thanks

Zephyr
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »

Never fear Zephyr...I know of at least three stalwarts on the Board who no doubt will offer some fine advice as they each own one.

By this evening you'll be up to your ears in good advice.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
zephyr

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 10:27:06 AM »

THANKS!!
mikeH8H-649

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 11:25:16 AM »

Zephyr,I insalled caps on my 4905 and it is not real hard to do but you need to let us know what you are planning to do,just install caps over existing or are you raising the roof?  I raised mine 10'' and had to fit the caps to the roof and then frame for the caps,I used p&l sealer and shave head rivets,I am sure Cliff will chime in also he was alot of help to me when I did mine,if you have questions you can give me a call anytime,757-362-2721 good luck and it is not as hard as it may seem    Mike
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 12:24:33 PM »

Mike, you should be ashamed of yourself. You should know by now that you can't raise the roof on a GM bus! The roof raising police will be looking for you just as soon as they find Cliff.  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

They aren't having any sucess in finding him. It seems they are looking for a bus that has broken in half & killed hundreds & maimed thousands.  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
mikeH8H-649

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 02:39:10 PM »

Kyle why do you think we are not staying in any one place for more than a week or so,we have been averaging about 1000 miles every two weeks for the last few months and will be for awhile but having fun fulltiming   Mike
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 07:23:39 PM »

Zepher,

I have done a roof raise and the caps.

Happy to answer any questions you have.

The procedure is test fit, measure, mark, cut 1/2" less, test fit, check, mark, cut, fits good, install.

Got it!   Grin

Its not hard, but help is always advisable.

Looking forward to hearing about your project.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 08:43:48 PM »

Zephyr,

Are you capping to update the looks, roof raise or some other reason? Just curious.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: