Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 10:11:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BK's Tennessee Bash  (Read 4545 times)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« on: August 07, 2007, 03:53:23 PM »

Updated information:
The rally will be held from Sept 6 through Sept 10 in Union City, TN.  We are not charging a fee for the rally but will ask each attendee to make a donation to cover the cost of food. If you want to go ahead and send in your donation you can deposit it in our PayPal account (we don't know BK's account name) Ours is in GHTrucking@msn.com   

Any arrivals on Thursday are on your own for food.  On Friday we will have burgers and dogs for dinner and on Saturday we will have Pig.  Right now we haven't decided if we will have a whole one or shoulders because we are waiting to see how many people to plan for. 

If you want to make any contributions to the meals you can feel free to do so but what you bring is totally up to you.  Fixin's or deserts are welcome but not mandatory.  For Sunday we might just take a bus to a place that BK has bragged about for a Sunday brunch.

BK's bus bay and pit are going to be available on an as needed basis if they aren't needed for his working buses since they obviously will have priority. They are also available on a first come,first served basis. 

Union City is a small town but for those with toads shopping is available and as always, there is a Wal-Mart. 

Basically this will be dry camping for everyone and BK is nice enough to not charge for it at all.  We are going to play things by ear with all we do.  Anyone with musical instruments can bring them and those of us without musical abilities will be happy to listen to you.  If Gary wants to bring his karaoke equipment we might  build a bit of a stage and put up a tarp or two.

We have heard from a few people that plan to attend but need to know for sure about others.  Please let us know either here on the board or by email if you plan to join us for lots of fun.  We can make better plans when we have a better idea of how many will attend.

Dallas will post a map with good directions closer to time for the rally.  If you have any questions or ideas we hope you won't hesitate to let us know.  We want this rally to be a fun time for everyone!  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 07:48:04 PM »

Gal, you certainly know to tug at my heart....but I'm afraid it's not going to happen again for us this year.

Sarge won't get off the pocket book...but 'if wishes were horses...all beggars would ride.'

Jackie & Bob sincerely hope that you have a great turnout and a wonderful time.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 04:43:50 AM »

Bob, I hate to hear that you two can't make it.  We will miss you greatly but know that you will be with us in spirit.  Cat

Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 05:15:51 AM »

Cat,

I won't be able to make it.  But like Bob I will be there in spirit.  And remember if you rent my bus out as a "Love Shack" I get a percentage of the take.  Smiley

By the way folks, if you are planning on going, it is time to step up to the plate and RSVP.  It takes a lot of planning and work to make an event happen and it would be nice if they had an idea of just how many are going to attend.

Frank

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 08:46:14 AM »

Cat;

I will be there, I may be in some time on the 4th or 5th if that won't cause any undue pressures.

Looking forward to meetimg you, Dallas and Bryce as well as any others that attend. I don't due pay-pal but I am more than happy to pay my part.

Thanks

Don
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 12:34:44 PM »

Don,it is wonderful to hear you are joining us.  You can come as soon as you like and stay as long as you like.  The only negative I can see about your coming early is that you have to put up with Dallas that much longer. Oh, wait! The longer you stay, the less I have to put up with him.  Can you leave today???  Please?  Don't worry about the money, bring it with you. We are laid back here.  Cat

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 12:48:02 PM »

I don't do pay pal either! But I'll try to be here!
Grin  BK  D;

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 12:52:54 PM »

BK, you had BETTER be there!!!!  I really want to meet you.  LOL

Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 01:00:38 PM »

We are hoping to make it but won't know for a couple of weeks as the family may have a get together that weekend but this old Kentucky country boy would sure like to be there if possible.

Just a suggestion about the pig roast.  We did one last week and it is a pain in the A** as it can take up to 24 hours to cook one of those varmints and the people that has to stay up all night doesn't get to enjoy the festivities.  We had on the job training for volunteer firemen as the pig caught on fire twice and almost burnt the building down.  The shoulders or butts would be much better and easier.

JC & Donna
Dallas

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 01:35:57 PM »

JC,

We should have the pig well in hand I hope!

Gene Lewis cooked the porkers for us last year and did a wonderful job! It took less than 8 hours to do a 125 Lb pig done enough that he fell off the bones! Yum-Yum!

I hope I learned enough to do it the same way!

It would be great if you could make it! Well be lookin' for ya!

Dallas
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 07:37:44 PM »

Sure would be nice if Gene could come cook this one for us.  I think BK has a friend that wants to do it and that would be wonderful so we could concentrate on bussin' stuff.   We would love to have you guys join us either for a day or two, the entire planned time or longer if you would like.  Tell the family this is your bus family you are getting together with.  LOL

TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 09:14:30 PM »

I really want to get to Tennessee for a visit with the ex wife and new granddaughter, and would also like to make BK's Bash, but the scheduling Gods aren't going to allow it this year.

I am already registered for the GoFast Games, a BASE jumping competition being held at the Royal Gorge Bridge, near Canon City, Colorado, the weekend after BK's event.
Three days of BASE jumps from the 1053 foot high bridge, as well as the aerial tram which runs across the gorge.
Maybe if we're lucky, Troy from GoFast will have the Jet Pack doing flights across the gorge! Shocked

I hope y'all have a great time, and that someone takes LOTS of pics. I hope to have a few of my own to share after as well.

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 04:28:40 AM »

Jay, we hate you can't make it but I know you are going to have fun.  I know Canon City is beautiful.  My daughter worked there one summer while she was in college.  I am looking forward to seeing pictures.  Maybe next time you will be able to join us. BK's bash is gonna be fun!!!  Cat

Songman

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 07:34:37 AM »

I was out visiting with Don yesterday and he was telling me about this. Sounds like ya'll are gonna have a good time. I'm jealous! It would be nice to meet all of you and get to see all the cool buses (not to mention getting to come home to Tennessee for a few days) but it's just the wrong time of year for me. Take lots of good pictures... no thongs please! (on the men anyway!)
Dallas

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 03:43:36 PM »

Here is a link to the Google map for directions on how to get here.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=36.407468,-88.993034&daddr=4884+Claude+Tucker+Rd.,+Union+City,+TN&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=12&mra=dme&sll=36.398349,-89.073715&sspn=0.130711,0.233459&ie=UTF8&ll=36.44559,-89.03904&spn=0.130631,0.233459&z=12&om=1

If you are going to use your GPS and a mapping program the final destination is 4884 Claude Tucker Rd., Union City, Tn.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 06:35:07 PM »

So far we have over a dozen people coming with only 1 in a S&S.  Anyone else interested?  By the way, we went to the restaurant that Bryce was talking about taking us to and had lots of yummy food and tons of fun.  I wasn't able to catch a flying roll but others at our table did and were nice enough to share one with me.  They were piping hot and they came around with sorghum 'lasses to put on em. You don't wanna miss this feast!  Ct

Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 01:48:35 PM »

Sorry Cat but I can't get there any sooner then the 3rd or 4th, besides to borrow some words from dallas I prefer sitters to pointers. LOL   Hey Dallas, Bryce or Cat, The route I was thinking about using is the 80 from London, ky to russelville pick up the 79 to paris,tn pick up the 54 over to the 22 up to union city and over to where you are, any problems with that or due you have a better path to take., Also I would like to due some fishing will i am back there, haven't been in over two years.

Don
Songman

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 01:53:40 PM »

Don,

Run over to Reelfoot Lake and you can watch the eagles soar around while you fish.
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 02:04:46 PM »

dale; 

Found it on the map, looks good, appears to be off the 22 thanks for the tip. I have been learning to flyfish and am really injoying it.

Don
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 01:03:16 PM »

That is only 30 miles or so from us so you could have an easy day trip and bring home lots of fish.

John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 01:23:35 PM »

I cannot say for sure just yet, but we are planning on arriving sometime on Fri if things work out for us. There will be two of us. I will let you know for sure as soon as i know for sure!

We took a short 700 mile run over the weekend, our first trip in the bus since the wheel bearing/axle/spindle failure, and things seemed ok. I did get a bit wore out jumping out of the bus that often to check hub temps though!

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 02:12:18 PM »

I hope you stopped the bus before you hopped out.  LOL   Seriously, we hope you can work things out to be able to come.  We plan on having fun and with Gary here we will have lots of pics to prove it.  Cat

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2007, 11:43:06 AM »

Gary, I hope your camera has a chance to cool off before our rally.  You always do such a good job taking pictures that we are counting on your talents to showcase our rally.  Right now it looks like we are expecting around 20+ people so I know we are all going to have fun.  Cat

Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2007, 06:25:59 PM »

Cat,
Camera is in the ice box cooling down.  If that doesn't work I will bring my drawing easel and draw what I see.  hehe 
Remember I don't take any close up photo's of eating or Cheating!!  hehe agian.

I will do all I can to show case your rally Cat and am sure by the time I leave you will be glad to just be able unbuckle your pants, sit back in your favorite chair and scratch anyplace you want without worrying about being photographed, right Donn?? hehe

We look forward to seeing you guys again also, from now on though any full group photos at bus rallies I will have the orgainzers and support personel of the rally in the front like I should of done at Bruces last week and wish I thought it out more.  I am still learning but want to give credit to you guys that organize these rallies and I appreciate all the work you all do.  Next year Bruce, your group photo will be like Dallas & Cats will be this year. 

I would like to take the time to announce also that over 7000 hits have been made on my web site since my posting of the Delaware rally since Saturday which I thank you all for viewing.  I don't get any $$ but I get a lot of pride at doing this and helping out in my way that I hope will contribute to enlarging your rally next time you have one. I have had over 210,000 total hits on my site again thanks to you all and your friends that have visited.  I hope to continue this as often as I can.  You can never tell, some rally promoter of the "Professional" bus rallies may contact me some day in the future, pay my expenses and hire me to do what I am learning to do better each time at these rallies and get paid to have fun.  Ahem!! hint, hint.

See you soon,
Gary

Gary
John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2007, 08:25:59 PM »

Hey Cat, i am sorry but it does not look like we can make it down your way for the get together. Darn,,, have lots of fun and take lots of photos to share with us.   John Z

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
Debbie

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 09:13:57 PM »

We hope you have lots of fun! We'll be there in spirit!! 
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2007, 05:55:20 AM »

We hate to hear that you folks can't make it.  Maybe next time you will be able to join us.  Cat

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: