Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
October 19, 2017, 03:13:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My report on latest trip: Auburn, In. Car auction.  (Read 1834 times)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« on: September 02, 2007, 10:12:02 AM »

First off, yet another Big Thank you to Jerry Lieber. I would not have been able to go up there without all the help he has given me on my electrical setup.

Now.... Auburn In. Car Auction........

AWESOME!!!!!!
  If any of you guys like cars.............ALL kinds of cars, this is a must see!!! There was everything there from a 1920 Briggs and Stratton Red Bug (looks about like an old wooden runner sled with wheels) to 1994 Prevosts!!!!!!!!! OMG, there was something for everyone!! The last day we were there Linda found the antiques building!! Opps!  Wink Cheesy  There was all kinds of neat old "non car" stuff in there. She even bought some jewelry (go figure) from a vendor outside in the swap meet area while tolerating me dragging her around looking at "treasures".  Wink
  The trip was something I wanted to do for years and the only good way is to go there is to stay for a couple days. (50.oo a night, but no hookups. But there is a KOA RIGHT across the highway) There is just soooooooooo much to see.... and do!!! But bring your golf cart or motorized barstool or whatever you have a motor on, cause walking will plumb wear you out!!!  There is 480 acres on the premises and I walked them all at least once!!
  Actually, it's almost like a golfcart show!!! The golf carts some of these guys build or buy are just TOOOOOOO neat!! '32 Fords, '40 Fords, '41 Willy's, Caddy's, Hummers, and even a home made '58 Chevy that was quartered and shrunk down to fit a Cushman work truck! But I love the motorized bar stool the best!!
  Hell, I even spent a couple hours walking around looking at all the coaches!!!! I only seen 1 what I think was a 4104 there. BUT!!!!, there was a car club there called Oak Park Club from northern Ohio, that two of the guys had restored and converted 1948 (appx.) Flxibles!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO cool!!! The one guy gave me a tour of them and showed me his '58 Chevy Cushman. The bus's were just TOOOOO freekin neat! The one had a 6V52, I think he said. (could be wrong on the 52, but it was smaller than a 71) and the other, GET THIS, had a 427 rat motor that had a mild cam and pushed that bus with no problem and still got about 10mpg, he said.
  By the way, I have pix!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin I will post them on My photo bucket. Go to: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/  and you can see the pix there. There is also pix there of the Futurliner in case you haven't seen them yet. Just click on the Auburn album or whatever you might want to see. I have some other neat stuff there in other albums too. I would post them here but this is easier. There are also a couple other shots there of things I liked or things I wanted to show friends.
  ALSO, I think most of you guys may already know about the Air Conditioner set up Jerry did in his bus, well, there is a vendor there that bought out all the last air conditioners like Jerry has except  that they are Mitsubishi's. And from what Jerry says, they are the "best". They are the old freon (r-22 I think, or something like that) and he only wants 899.oo for them. That is an awesome deal!!!! And the guy is very reputable. His company is "Quality Tools" and he is at all the big swapmeets around here. I would have bought one, and it was killin me not to, but I just didn't have the "cake". I have his info if you are interested in them. By the way, I am posting this ONLY to help you guys, I have no invested interest in it. It's just a KILLER DEAL!!!!
  My stories could go on and on about all the cool stuff there and the museums and the downtown parties and cars and the cars and the cars and just everything, but my typing finger is wearing out!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
  By the way, my electrical system Jerry helped me with worked GREAT and I finally pee-d in my "Throne"! LOLOL And it dumped just fine. I'm still a little nervous about "dropping the kids off at the pool", tho. LOLOLOLOLOL Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Enjoy!!! I sure did!!!!
       Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 06:42:26 AM »

P.S.
  I almost forgot about the motorized coolers!!!!!!!! Yep, they ran electric motors and batteries AND still held 24 cans of you chosen libation and an 8# bag of frozen water.  Wink
  And still do 13 MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

We'll put motors on anything!!!
        Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/

JimC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 05:59:46 PM »

Chaz,
Sounds like you have found a perfect place to hold a mini rally. If you were to start telling people a couple months ahead of time I'm sure you could draw more than a few buses with a venue like that.
Most on this board can go without power for days at a time as long as they can run their generators to recharge the batteries. I certainly would consider heading down for that, I have been a car / street rod nut for my whole life, although it has been put on hold for a while until the bus is done (?)
Jim

4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 04:43:39 AM »

Chaz and Jim,

I just went to the "Auto Show" this weekend.  Its really about a 100 acres of pieces and parts for sale on the first Sunday of every month.

There is a guy who sells those cooler on wheels, he had a few Nascar and HD ones.

I actually took a good look at at them.

I built a wagon that my Son would ride in made of aluminum and modified for duelly tires in the rear and singles in the front, all air tires.  I am going to modify it to have a raised cooler.  I bought some GMC emblems for it.

Ahh, the fun and time I can waste on a trival project!  Grin

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 06:25:09 AM »

Jim,
  That sounds like a great idea and a PERFECT venue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Generators are no problem. (Ask the a**hole next to me in the S&S that fired his construction gen. at 4:30 AM!!!!! Dirt bag.)
   There is a TON of stuff to do, and reminisce over, even if your not the biggest of car lovers. But by next year, I will (probably) forget before it gets too late to tell people. Undecided Undecided Undecided  So if you can help me remember, I'll try to make a big stink over it!  Wink Wink lol

Those are pretty cool, huh Cliff!? I wish I had the time to play with a toy like that. Maybe one of these days. I still love that barstool!!! But they are getting really "trick" with those golf carts. They sell all that stuff there too.

"A boy and his toys....."
        Chaz

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: