Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 08:44:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI Radiators  (Read 1817 times)
BJW

Always Follow Your Dream!!!

Ignore
« on: May 16, 2006, 03:11:43 PM »

Hey Guys,

I was thinking about upgrading my radiators to the large core radiators for my 1981 MC9.  The question is, who has the best product for the best price?   I know a lot of you guys have bought new radiators and hopefully have some good connections either in USA or Canada.   Also, is there a place that has "good" used radiators, or does anyone have any they would be interested in selling for a reasonable price?  Thanks for your thoughts....

BJW
Gus the Bus
Federal Way, WA
edroelle

1998 Royale Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 06:49:42 PM »

MCI parts use to, and maybe still does, buy their radiators from Diesel Radiator in Chicago.

About a year and a half ago I about a pair of 6K-1-5 (102 radiators) for about $1800 for the pair.  You will have to modify the panel in front of the radiators to get them to fit - but it is not difficult.  Craig Shepard shows how on his site http://www.gumpydog.com/bus/index.htm

I would not recommend buying used radiators since cooling is very marginal on MCIs.  Make sure you have the large fans and small upper pulley to get the best air flow.

Ed Roelle
Flint, MI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: