Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
October 23, 2017, 06:35:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My cousin has just made the ultimate sacrifice.  (Read 3225 times)
Songman

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 01:28:31 PM »

Amen brojcol... even if I am a Southern boy and don't necessarily agree with the words of Sherman... They do ring true in this case.
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 01:50:46 PM »

Barn Owl;

Sorry to here of your loss.
  I can't add to what has been said, But my heart and prayers go out to you and yours.

Don
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 01:57:42 PM »

Laryn,
   So sorry to hear of your loss. I wish there were words to ease the pain you and your family are experiencing. We will keep you and your family in our prayers. When my brother died at 36, I told my other brother that as hard as it was on us, I could not imagine how this must be for Mom & Dad.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 09:24:07 PM »

Jesseís Myspace page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=69017706

Katieís Myspace page, she had/has a counter that was counting down the days before he was to return home, she loved him so much. Unbelievably Heartbreaking.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=54055486

Here is a link to a local station. Click on the link above the photo to see the video broadcast.

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=6923991

Thank you all for the kind words. While I am in shock and very sad, I am not suffering as others are. Shear hell was experienced when Kati got to greet the officers at her door, while clutching baby in her arms, falling to her knees and begging God that this could not be happening. Jessieís mother laid prone face down in the yard screaming as the officers only told her what she already knew. There is a lot of confusion at this moment. It all seems so surreal and tomorrow everyone will wakeup from this nightmare. My heart breaks for the children, every Christmas, every birthday or special event will now be very different from what it should have been.

Laryn
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 10:39:12 PM by Barn Owl » Logged

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 10:10:12 PM »

I just read this Laryn, and it's awful. Heartbreaking. Seeing all the pics and posts on MySpace makes it harder still, to see the faces and the words from the hero and the survivors. I can't add anything to what's been said, other than for you to know that someone else out there is praying for Katie, the kids, Jesse's parents, and all of the rest of your family.

Thoughts and prayers,
Brian

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 12:20:43 AM »

Laryn - as I write this I feel sick to my stomach - there are no words to describe the emptiness I feel - I can only offer my respects to you and yours - The only condolences I can offer are the ones that you were lucky enough to know the unique and special person that unselfishly chose to BE the HERO that we should never ask of any of our children - All honor and respect to your cousin - may WE not defame his name by arguing the politics of his demise - but let us celebrate the honor he revealed in his service - As we grow older we long for the good old days when the old fashioned values of yore were prevalent - Yet, Let us not forget the values WE can learn from our children who HAVE learned from their parents and continue to SHOW us why we love and cherish the devoted and honorable SOLDIERS who's sacrifice is essential to our very existence - There is NO HIGHER CALLING than the SOLDIER whom, when called upon, takes up the Sword of His Father, offers his LIFE to protect his family,country, and HUMANITY - I only HOPE the REWARD in the AFTERLIFE for his VALOR is in parity with the GALLANTRY he showed US here on Earth -

o

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Songman

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 07:35:21 AM »

Thanks for sharing those links, Laryn. He was obviously a great man that was loved by all who knew him.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: