Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 12:06:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you Model Railroad in a Bus ?  (Read 2673 times)
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 05:33:25 AM »

I would think that if you plumbed in a line from the compressed air tank, added a solenoid with variable controls, you could make a pretty authentic  "Ch Ch Ch ..." sound of an old steam engine.

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 05:51:56 AM »

The private car was the original "bus conversion".  Guess we've come full circle.
See some here:
http://www.aaprco.com/Cars/car_type_index.html

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 06:04:54 AM »

I wonder how much a railcar like that cost? They are beautiful and elegant, would be nice to pattern some bus interiors after some of them. Some of the bus conversions companies should take a look, especially the entertainer converters. I do not like gaudy and so many new busses and even high end motor coaches end up overdone. Nice link Len.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Songman

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 07:28:11 AM »

Interesting... Ya'll have probably heard me mention Merle Haggard's DL3 before. Through special agreement, he has been styling his buses after Santa Fe trains for that past 15 years. His personal bus is the Super Chief. It bears the colors, logos, and porthole windows of the original train. While the inside is not completely done up like the train cars, it does have a lot of throwbacks to railroad heritage, including a 20 foot etched mirror down the side hallway wall that shows an old Super Chief winding through a pass. I planned my paint scheme along these lines but had never thought of carrying the theme to the inside. I like it!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:04:34 AM by Songman » Logged
Dallas

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 07:59:53 AM »

The Santa Fe heritage is even closer than that. LOL

I took the aluminum siding off the nose of my 4103 to fix the headlight can and found that at some time or another, a Santa Fe car had been used to make a repair on the front end. There is a big piece of the SFRR cross underneath the shiny aluminum.

As old as my bus is, (1952) I always thought fitting it out as a Pullman like in the old TV show "Wild Wild West" would be cool, but Cat said it looked too much like a house of ill repute on rails so I had to give up on that idea.

Dallas
Songman

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 08:03:49 AM »

As old as my bus is, (1952) I always thought fitting it out as a Pullman like in the old TV show "Wild Wild West" would be cool, but Cat said it looked too much like a house of ill repute on rails so I had to give up on that idea.

You say that like she thinks that is a bad thing.  Cheesy
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 08:14:22 AM »

That HO track going through the cabinets and over the top of the windows on the shelf you guys are talkin about,,, already doin it and yes there will be a Shay. Jim

Pics Please  Grin You cant tease us like that and NOT post pics , you Ninny  Roll Eyes

Dont thimk a Layout in the Bay is a good idea, To much Dirt and Moisture. It would ruin the whole layout.. Not to mention all the Mice, Bugs and critters that might inhabit it for you.
Although, that Would add a bit of Realisim to it  Grin

Paul.....

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 09:20:39 AM »

You guys are just determined to make me go down in the "black hole" (Marilyn's name for our basement) and go through my plunder of back issues and find the article.  Somebody has that theme in a bus, and it looked great.  Somebody jump in here.  It's been a while.  Can't remember who or when.
Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 12:08:21 PM »

dirt and sritters in your bays....shouldn't be....ours have always been quite secure from dirt and critter as well as moisture.

if your running shays etc....you only need a few inches down one side of the bus and do a bunch of switchbacks
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 02:26:03 PM »

I only know about HO and N gage, and HO would probably be too large for a coach, soossss that leaves N gage.  Yeah...the mind boggles here...well, my feeble mind anyway.   You could loop the right of way around the coach and end up with several levels. 

Yeah....I have been inside Mr. Haggards house and his setup was....unusual.  Inside the coach one could run into the usual TMT (too much track) thing, but I bet with some fun planning you could have a ball with a cool layout.

You could also play Mr. Addams and have earthquakes and stuff just by running the layout while running the coach down the road.  And....don't forget the firecrackers and smoke bombs and stuff like that, but then again inside a coach....hummmm. Smiley Smiley
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 05:36:15 PM »

Dallas: I just read your last post and I remembered that someone asked superpickle how he knew what a brothel looked like. So......!!
Dallas

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 07:37:03 PM »

Dallas: I just read your last post and I remembered that someone asked superpickle how he knew what a brothel looked like. So......!!

Stan,

I ain't proud... I use to work at the Union 76 in Lathrop Wells, NV many years ago. The owner also owned the  hooker house and bar next door!
We used the Wrecker to put up the signs for the place.

Grin
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2007, 09:02:17 AM »

Ummm  uhhhh  I saw the movie about Taluse Latrek he grew up in a Brothel. The Ladys called him "Little Tea Pot"  Grin

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: