Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 05:32:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4106 defrost blower  (Read 825 times)
4106-123

Ignore
« on: August 13, 2007, 06:09:44 PM »

im looking for some new defrost blower motors or bearing kit,rebuild kits. for the 4106 front dash. ive gutted the dash and want to fix them before i put it all back together they work but are noisy. i supposed other models will work? thanks in advance george
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 08:57:10 PM »

Try Luke @ US Coach or JD @ C & J

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 09:21:55 PM »

im looking for some new defrost blower motors or bearing kit,rebuild kits. for the 4106 front dash. ive gutted the dash and want to fix them before i put it all back together they work but are noisy. i supposed other models will work? thanks in advance george

George -

Would you be interested in a dashboard A/C for your 4106?  If so, when you talk to Luke, JD or Dean's Coach, ask for the complete dash HVAC unit out of a 4905.  You'll get both a heater/defroster core plus an A/C evaporator.

These are 24V, so you'd still have to get 12V motors for your '06 and swap them.  Plus you'd have to do the prep work for freon lines, electrics, etc. 

But then you'd have a working A/C that was built to fit under the dash!

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
roadrunnertex

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 10:07:57 AM »

You can buy the replacement bearings from any bearing supply place.
The brushes can be bought from Luke at US Coach. Roll Eyes
The evaporator core and defroster core and box from a P8M4905A is a good idea but you will have to change the expansion valve to make it work with R-134 of R-12 as the P8M4905A used R-22.
Also try to get the dash from the P8M4905A also as it will have the outlets for the A/C.
jlv Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: