Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 10:23:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8V92 Radiators  (Read 3824 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 06:51:36 PM »

Update,

The rads are now installed. And not such an easy job either.  Getting the top brackets unbolted and reinstalled was a challenge to say the least.

After replacing some hoses and tank lines, it was an 8 hour job with the three of us non stop. The good news is that the new rads were dropping

the coolant temps 70 degs. from 190 going in at the top, and 120 comming out the bottom. I'm happy!  Allthough it was only 80 deg. out today,

I still climbed some good hills with the otr air on at 70 mph and the hottest the gauge went was 180. After removing the old rads, I was able to

see just how clogged they were..

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 07:32:56 PM »

Nick,

And happy you deserve to be.  Sounds like a home-run to me....70 degree drop.  That is a great point of reference as if the engine is adding 70 degrees you must be able to drop that amt to achieve a stable condition.  Is my logic correct here?  So many have heat problems with the 92 and they seem to flounder.  If it is a rule of thumb that the rad drop must equal the engine raise and a 8V92 raises the temp 70 degrees.  There is something wrong with this logic as if you went into a 100 degree ambient then the engine outlet would be 210.  I guess the answer is that due to your inlet temp being 120 your thermostat is not wide open and hte thermostat will regulate the output to 180 till you go into an overheat problem.  I am pretty sure you are through fighting a heat problem, at any rate.

Congradulations again,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: