Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 03:12:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: butyl caulk  (Read 2082 times)
ttomas

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2007, 02:09:58 PM »

Can any on tell me where I can get butyl rubber in a caulk tube? No one local has it. Lowe's is the only big box store near and they do not carry it.
   Is tripolymer Proflex a good substitute? I am installing the skins and want to seal under the roof edges.  Thanks  Tomas
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »

Ace Hdwe carrys it here. Jerry

1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740
DavidInWilmNC

1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 03:10:05 PM »

I used polyurethane caulk / sealer from Lowe's for that purpose.  It sticks so well it's almost impossible to get off.  I used the black... I think it's called PL and it's marketed for flashing adhesive and sealing.  Make sure you wear disposable clothes, 'cause you WONT get it off if it's even close to being dry!

David
belfert

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 03:28:04 PM »

I also used the poly caulk for sealing the siding on my bus.  I used butyl caulk on the windows because poly sticks so well the windows would never come out again.  I personally would never use butyl anywhere it would be exposed.  It seems to never set up completely or takes a LONG time to do so.

I bought butyl caulk at Menards if they are in your area.  I never checked at Home Depot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: