Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 09:45:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this bus belong to anyone on this board?  (Read 2729 times)
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 03:44:05 PM »

04 tailgates have an upper and lower panel

GH had both tail and signal lighs spaced close together vertically on the opper panel...likely to mimic the scenicruiser.

Non GH had the tail  lights on the lower panel

the louvered tranny door is a sign of the hydrashift.......most hydrashifts were taken out of service as Driver's were hard on them and they were a maint issue......also there is a good chance a good hydrashift tranny door could have been put on a non hydrashift bus at some point in it's life.

tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 03:46:38 PM »

a bit dated interior to bring 20k and a ugly paint job to boot.

Seller does not say anything someone who knows buses would say in an add.....thats always a big HuhHuhHuhHuh?/

Don't know $#!% probably did not do $#!% either..but fuel and go
gus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 07:38:29 PM »

Yeah, my old Trailways has the lights in the lower panel. I haven't seen one with them in the upper panel, would like to though. Seems that would leave the lower panel kind of bare but it would make the bus look taller.

Well, $20K may be on the high side, but I said if the mechanics and tires are good. Look at the prices in Bus Conversions Magazine, they won't be much below this. The 4104 structure is all AL and the 671 is probably the best engine ever made by GM.

The interior goes with the bus age, why try to make it look like all the other new
RVs? Dated to you means classic to me. These old buses are distinctive and it pains me to see them skinned over to look just like all the others. Who wants to look like everybody else, the last thing I want to do??

Paint schemes are very subjective, this thing is beautiful compared to some of these awful dark paint jobs with the crazy swirls I see on the huge box shaped buses and RVs.

The older buses had a lot more class and the older paint schemes show this off. The more Al skin that shows the better they look. This paint scheme is pretty close to some of the NE bus lines shown in some of the bus photo books. One bus Co. used green and yellow!! And it wasn't half as bad as it sounds.

That being said, I sure wouldn't bid on this without inspecting it in person. I bought a big diesel dump truck that way once and learned my lesson. The photos always look better than the real thing.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
maria-n-skip

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 07:46:58 PM »

Well bidder 7 is still in the running. I check out e-bay every morning with my coffee wake up and I am suprised at the numbers bid some are in the basement and others in the basemant. (soft market I guess)

Brojcol I imagine your #6 or #7 if you're 7 now might be a good time to prepare your wife:) Minnimums have been know to be
 lowered.........

Skip
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 08:54:14 PM »

Well, $20K may be on the high side........Look at the prices in Bus Conversions Magazine; they won't be much below this.

Yea and the same busses are still for sale one year later.

These old buses are distinctive and it pains me to see them skinned over to look just like all the others.

I like the classic look also.

Paint schemes are very subjective, this thing is beautiful compared to some of these awful dark paint jobs with the crazy swirls I see on the huge box shaped buses and RVs.

Again, I side on the classic look. I am not a fan of someone who takes an old bus and try to make it look new. It might fool those who donít know beans about busses but I think it just looks too much like an old bus that is trying to be a wannabe new RV.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2007, 12:18:57 PM »

Well, too rich for my blood...I got outbid on this one.

Maybe if the interior were a little bit nicer, I would be willing to go a little higher, but as it is...

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007, 09:34:15 PM »

All -

OK, I emailed the seller, asking for the VIN to ID the original owner.

The coach is PD4104-1040, which was delivered new as fleet number V-209 in May of 1954 to Virginia Stage Lines, based out of Charlottesville, VA.

So the spotters are correct, it is NOT an ex-Greyhound coach.

Doug - Do you know if VSL is/was a Trailways carrier, or a local charter outfit??

The plot thickens!!

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2007, 05:11:37 AM »

do not beleive TW but will check
gus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2007, 02:40:21 PM »

Jimmy,

As I said before, that interior goes with that bus. If you want the modern light oak furniture and beige leather interior then you will find it in the more modern conversions.

My 4104 interior looks a lot like this one and I would't dream of "modernizing" it. I was so happy when I found it that I could hardly contain myself talking to the seller. I really got tired of looking at ads for conversions with mirrors, sculpted ceilings, mouse fur upholstery, cream leather upholstery, wild paint schemes and skinned over windows.

I've tried to keep my bus as original looking as possible right down to the wheels.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2007, 02:48:01 PM »

I don't know my 4104 was done in 1978 and was alot more contemporary than this one....... then of course I sold it and the gutted the interior.

gus

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2007, 05:41:07 PM »

teke,

Evidently the new owner agrees with me!!

I don't think I would have gone that far though. I doubt he knew what he was getting into but at least it will be less work than starting with a shell.

I thought about redoing mine because the bedroom is too small but I came to my senses in time!!

New Subject; Please, all you 4104 owners, log onto Norm's 4104 site. He is not getting a lot of support from us. http://www.pd4104.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forums&file=viewtopic&topic=16&forum=13
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 07:50:32 PM by gus » Logged

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: