Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 11:56:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest fuel gage for today market!  (Read 1728 times)
Sojourner

« on: May 16, 2006, 09:26:52 PM »

Look for it below with your curiosity seeking!

However that is mechanical. How about electronic double read-out...one for % full and other for $$ to fill it (with today price/gal of fuel indexed in Elect. gauge).

LOL!

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 12:12:27 PM »

Jerry,

If they actualy made that gauge, I would think about it installing it.

Laughter is good medicine! Grin

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 02:12:16 PM »

OK, here ya go!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 02:15:05 PM by Len Silva » Logged

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 10:25:47 AM »

Grin  Love it!
Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
NCbob

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 06:11:03 PM »

When Diesel was at @2.70 per gallon I went to GA and filled my tank.  Thankfully it's only 14 miles away.  NC fuel taxes are among the highest in the Nation.  It's a shame I didn'y buy some futures!

Today there was an article on Fox News where you could by future amounts of Diesel or Gasoline but somewhere in there I felt the pain of a hook. Didn't pay too much attention because I don't use that much annually.

Need to find a farmer locally who buys it without road taxes and make a deal.

That comment ought to get me into the sights of the Homeland Security Agency or NSA.

NCbob
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 06:42:11 PM »

Get caught with dyed, non-taxed fuel in your tanks and the tax man will burn you a new one.   I'm not sure exactly how they would find out since we don't do safety or roadside checks, but if they did? Shocked 
They'll charge you with tax evasion even if you're carrying in separate tanks, if you have the capacity to transfer into the highway vehicle fuel system....and, if there's not some obvious use for the off road fuel. 
You could run it in a separate generator tank I would expect?  As long as you couldn't transfer from tank to tank. 
One way to find it is to check up on the vehicles owned by said farmer.  If he cannot show how the fuel is being used, he's gonna mention the "bus owner!"
Has the tax-man called yet?  He will!  I believe you should leave town this weekend....ride down to...say, Timmonsville.  Should be safe from the CIA and IRS down there. 
(Incogneeter), JR Cool

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
belfert

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 08:00:56 PM »

Today there was an article on Fox News where you could by future amounts of Diesel or Gasoline but somewhere in there I felt the pain of a hook. Didn't pay too much attention because I don't use that much annually.

There is a small gas station chain here in Minnesota that sells future gasoline and diesel.  They interviewed the CEO on the radio last week, but he went into zero detail about how the futures stuff works.  He did mention that some drivers were still fueling for 99 cents a gallon, but didn't say how they were paying that price.  I would think the station is losing big time on drivers fueling at 99 cents a gallon.  I wonder how they stop those drivers from buying fuel for friends and relatives,

Brian Elfert
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 11:10:13 PM »

Look for it below with your curiosity seeking!

However that is mechanical. How about electronic double read-out...one for % full and other for $$ to fill it (with today price/gal of fuel indexed in Elect. gauge).

LOL!

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry

Jerry,  You need to post more often!!!  That is hilarious.  Hope you are doing well.

Kind Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
doug mars

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 05:51:45 AM »

that is a very cool guage great idea Smiley

Doug & Tinda Mars 4106/3044
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: