Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 11:32:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI wire number tag ID list  (Read 982 times)
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« on: May 18, 2006, 07:33:41 AM »

I'm thinking of re-inventing the wheel, but not if someone else had already done it Wink

I'd like to have a reference page for MCI wiring that starts with wire #1, color, location, where it goes, ect, followed by
wire with the #2 tag, and so fourth up to the highest number used in the bus. Then if I see wire #77, I'll just look on the numerical list and see whats the deal.

The manual has a pretty good index of the wire tag numbers, but sometimes I have to look for a while before I find it on a schematic or list page.

If I'm not mistaken, MCI uses the basic same layout in various models in similar year coaches.

Anyone done this that would share info?

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 08:03:13 AM »

Haven't taken their data and incorporated it in a list as you describe, but it sure would be nice. I started building my own table of wire numbers for things I'm adding to the coach, but I've had a tough time coming up with a standard I like for defining new circuit numbers that are compatible with MCI numbers, but are unique and non-conflicting.

A list of MCI numbers would be nice, but it needs to include all circuits, and include junction box(es), post numbers, etc, and should be searchable and/or ordered.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: