Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 07:10:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brake lights stay on  (Read 976 times)
ttomas

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2007, 09:39:58 AM »

Hello guys,  my brake lights stay on all of the time. At first I thought it was some type of parking  lights or something.( I never was behind the bus when driving it.)   Trying to identify the brake lights so I can install the rear cap I realized I may have a problem.    Any suggestions?  Thanks
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 09:59:54 AM »

Hello guys,  my brake lights stay on all of the time. At first I thought it was some type of parking  lights or something.( I never was behind the bus when driving it.)   Trying to identify the brake lights so I can install the rear cap I realized I may have a problem.    Any suggestions?  Thanks

They'll be the bright red ones in the back.  Grin

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
ttomas

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 10:16:59 AM »

I JUST FOUND MY PROBLEM. Operator ignorance. the lights stay on will the park brakes are engaged.
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 10:45:31 AM »

TThomas,
No Problem, just another thing you know now, If you are like me there have been many many new experiences with the bus.
I just have to write down the little things which I tend to forget, between bus usages.....

Gary

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
belfert

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 12:02:41 PM »

Another thing about brake lights is that newer buses will activate the brake lights any time the jake brake is activated.  Mine is a 1995 and I believe it does this.
ttomas

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 05:13:43 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement fellows. tomas
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 05:30:23 PM »

Tomas, don't feel like the Lone Ranger ...I had my bus for almost 6 months before my little light bulb in my brain came on.  It's a dull day when ya don't learn something......

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: