Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 04:47:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brake lights stay on  (Read 978 times)
ttomas

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2007, 09:39:58 AM »

Hello guys,  my brake lights stay on all of the time. At first I thought it was some type of parking  lights or something.( I never was behind the bus when driving it.)   Trying to identify the brake lights so I can install the rear cap I realized I may have a problem.    Any suggestions?  Thanks
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 09:59:54 AM »

Hello guys,  my brake lights stay on all of the time. At first I thought it was some type of parking  lights or something.( I never was behind the bus when driving it.)   Trying to identify the brake lights so I can install the rear cap I realized I may have a problem.    Any suggestions?  Thanks

They'll be the bright red ones in the back.  Grin

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
ttomas

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 10:16:59 AM »

I JUST FOUND MY PROBLEM. Operator ignorance. the lights stay on will the park brakes are engaged.
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 10:45:31 AM »

TThomas,
No Problem, just another thing you know now, If you are like me there have been many many new experiences with the bus.
I just have to write down the little things which I tend to forget, between bus usages.....

Gary

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
belfert

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 12:02:41 PM »

Another thing about brake lights is that newer buses will activate the brake lights any time the jake brake is activated.  Mine is a 1995 and I believe it does this.
ttomas

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 05:13:43 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement fellows. tomas
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 05:30:23 PM »

Tomas, don't feel like the Lone Ranger ...I had my bus for almost 6 months before my little light bulb in my brain came on.  It's a dull day when ya don't learn something......

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: