Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 02:00:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Non-RALLY at The Cove (October 12 - 14)  (Read 6213 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 12:36:45 PM »

I think I'm gonna go for the crapper before the doorbell!!   Wink Grin
Good plan!  Grin  Grin

A doorbell?   Cheesy  In a camper?  Grin  Ok with me.
I'm planning on arriving on the 12th probably middle of the day.
I'll be sure and look for that doorbell!   Wink
Later, JR

Be carefull when ringing a door bell, you might get a ding-a-ling  Shocked

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 03:49:56 PM »

You think they installed doorbells after too many lawsuits for singed knuckles from sunnytime visitors Huh

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 06:27:54 PM »

Cliff, Uncle Ned and I are planning on arriving around mid-day on Friday the 12th.  Hopefully JR won't be far away....dont like to walk that far for beer y'know.....

For those of you who didn't make the last one...this one will me even better and bigger.

And we'll be staying until Monday again...hate pulling out when there's still folks to visit with.....

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 06:42:39 PM »

Bob,

We are staying until either late Sunday or early Monday.

Just hate to end a good time with friends!  Cry

But, it will be non stop to the Ponderosa.......  Tongue

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2007, 07:05:48 PM »

I think I'm gonna go for the crapper before the doorbell!!   Wink Grin

That's how I see my bus....a 40 foot crapper.  Hey, got a fridge and potty...what else is really needed?  Yeah...sat TV.  Right.
I may be over on the 11th...depends on T's work.  Since I don't do anything especially constructive, I can go whenever!  Cheesy
Cheers, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2007, 07:47:34 PM »

. . . . . . Since I don't do anything especially constructive, I can go whenever!  Cheesy
Cheers, JR

Yeah, why don't you rub that in a little harder  Grin

You think they installed doorbells after too many lawsuits for singed knuckles from sunnytime visitors Huh

I was thinking it was to put on as an added feature last years model didn't have so they could sell more  Grin Grin Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2007, 08:15:48 PM »

I got a phone call tonight from the President of Palmetto Cove to inform me of the outcome of the board meeting that was called to discuss 'those bus people'.

The outcome is that we are welcome!  Grin  Grin  The Airstreamers have even offered to let us use the facilities provided they aren't holding a meeting - they will let us know their schedule.  Grin Grin

Seems the facts came out & the true nature of this bus nut crowd was revealed. The Cove members that met us at the July rally shared their experiences & all are looking forward to having us there.

I was asked to make sure we all understood the park rules concerning full hookups.
(Again, these are not their rules, but state/ county rules for campgrounds that do not have public bath houses).
No tents. RV's must be fully self contained. which means you must have waste water holding tanks & the proper valving & connecting hoses to dump into the sewer connection.
You must have a shower, functioning toilet, & a sink.

They have asked that we not put them in a position to have to refuse anyone, so I'm asking that you honor these requirements. There are other campgrounds in the area that have washroom facilities that the tenter's can use & come over for a visit.

Looks like I'll be there early on the 12th, ( maybe late on the 11th, depends on work)

Still no rally fee  Grin & the camping fee is $18/night, 7th night free.  Grin

Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2007, 03:40:41 AM »

You see Kyle, there is a God.  I told you in one way or other things would work out for your rally in October, now relax, we are all coming as we planned and will enjoy another good time getting together.  Now all everyone has to do is be sure to contact Kyle that you are coming for sure so he can have parking plans etc. for us to come.  It will or should be cooler by then we all hope and all those traveling long distances take your time and be safe in your travels.  I am really glad it worked out for you Kyle as I know the importance of this to you and a great opportunity for us to get together again.
Gary

Gary
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2007, 07:39:44 AM »

Pametto Cove is about 50 miles from my house so my wife and I drove down yesterday afternoon. Nice drive on Highway 11 out of Chesnee, SC, and the park looked very good as well. I am planning to arrive on the morning of the 12th with my Eagle. As of this time there will be at least 2 buses traveling together maybe a couple more. See you there!
Tom Hamrick
1984 Eagle 10S

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2007, 08:47:32 AM »

I got a phone call tonight from the President of Palmetto Cove to inform me of the outcome of the board meeting that was called to discuss 'those bus people'.

The outcome is that we are welcome!  Grin  Grin  The Airstreamers have even offered to let us use the facilities provided they aren't holding a meeting - they will let us know their schedule.  Grin Grin

Seems the facts came out & the true nature of this bus nut crowd was revealed. The Cove members that met us at the July rally shared their experiences & all are looking forward to having us there.

Kyle,

That is great news....

Airstreamers are the Busnuts of the camper crowd.....    Built to last.....

It doesn't surprise me that they would come to this conclusion....

Thanks for all of your hard work and politicking to make this happen.

Cliff

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2007, 08:15:54 AM »

For those who may still be undecided on wether or not to attend, here is a little story to pique your interest a little. . . .

A man from San Francisco , California decided to write a book about churches around the country.

Going to a very large church, he began taking photographs and making notes.  He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall and was intrigued with a sign, which read

"Calls: $10,000 a minute."

Seeking out the pastor he asked about the phone and the sign. The pastor answered that this golden phone is, in fact, a direct line to heaven and if he pays the price he can talk directly to God.

The man thanked the pastor and continued on his way.

As he continued to visit churches in Seattle, Dallas, St. Louis, Chicago, Milwaukee, and across the United States, he found similar phones, with the same sign, and the same answer from each pastor.

Finally, he arrived in  South Carolina.  Upon entering a church near Palmetto Cove RV Park, behold - he saw the usual golden telephone. But THIS time, the sign read

"Calls: 35 cents."

Fascinated, the writer asked to talk to the pastor, "Reverend, I have been in cities all across the country and in each church I have found a similar golden telephone and have been told it is a direct line to Heaven and that I could talk to God, but in the other churches the cost was $10,000 a minute. Your sign reads only 35 cents a call.

Why?"

The pastor, smiling benignly, replied, "Son, you're in South Carolina now.....
Since you're in God's Country It's a local call."

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

See 'ya at The Cove in 4 weeks!

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2007, 12:37:08 PM »

By the way, this is a kid friendly rally Grin

There will be lots of kids there with bicycles & scooters. At the july rally, we had a bunch & all was great Grin

jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2007, 07:00:54 PM »

Kyle you are bbbaaaddd.  I believe when you get to the pearly gates...you might have to answer for that one! LOL Grin
Jack!
PS...when do we start talking about FOOD!

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
gm4106

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2007, 05:43:02 PM »

Kyle
Sent you a email My wife and i are interested in coming

GM PD4106-1689 8V71TA  V730
Mount Holly,NC
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2007, 06:06:02 PM »

GM4106,

Ya better be there.....

If we get enough GM owners there we may have a revival and convert a few back to the GMC.

GMCI

Cliff
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 06:08:20 PM by FloridaCliff » Logged

Mark Twain
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: