Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 01:31:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Non-RALLY at The Cove (October 12 - 14)  (Read 6630 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« on: August 19, 2007, 06:41:05 PM »

Well, since I'm now an Airstreamer (Thanks to my parents support & some creative financing  Cheesy ), I got to go to an official Airstream rally at The Cove & rub elbows with some veteran airstreamers. That was FUN! There are lots of closet bus nuts in that group! I even met one that used to work in bus maintenance & remembers servicing 4501's when they still had 2 4-71's! I was pleased to experience a LOT of support for us bus nuts to use the park!

We can't have a rally, but "individuals will not be turned away", SO WE'RE GONNA HAVE A NON-RALLY. Seems some people can't comprehend having a rally without being able to use the Shelter & Hall. We can gather there & enjoy fellowship with each other without the Hall or Shelter. The impression I got from those in attendance is that they are all eager to meet us. (The one that caused trouble after the July rally wasn't around & it seems more & more are seeing them for what they are.)

Any way, the non-rally will be a come as you are & bring your own meals (There is a chance we may be invited to a pot luck dinner with the airstreamers, so be prepared for that. Otherwise, we can do the pot luck at our buses, airstreams, or s&s. Whatever the case may be  Grin )

Palmetto Cove is a rally park & was built years ago. There are no showers there & only a few public toilets, that is why the health dept or dhec (the gubberment) has placed the 'fully self contained' requirement on the park. You must have a functioning toilet & sink to be allowed to park there. They will be looking because they don't want to be fined or shut down.

Since it is a non-rally, there will be no rally fee!  Grin  Cool
The parking fee is $18 per night & that includes elec & water & sewer.
Most elec is 30A, & some 50A.  (I'd imagine the 50A spaces will be reserved for the other 2 groups that reserved the park last year for their rally.)

WORST CASE is if all 148 sites are filled, then extras will be parked in the overflow area that doesn't have utilities, but we can run a water hose & probably get you 5A of electricity.

Oh Yeah, the cell phone reception in the park is 99.99% nonexistent. Satelite reception is great & us that have the old fashioned aerial, that works well too!

A head count will be nice so we will know what to expect, but if you find you are able to make it at the last minute, you are welcome expected to be there.  Grin

A link to Palmetto Cove's brochure

http://palmettocove.com/?download=Cove%20Brochure.pdf

Also, the website:

http://palmettocove.com/index.php

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 05:10:26 PM by kyle4501 » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 09:53:24 PM »

Hi Kyle, count me and Dianne in!  Can't wait!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 04:42:38 AM »

Count 2-3 of us there also Kyle. 
Gary

Gary
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 04:53:03 AM »

And you can plan on Jackie & me for sure, Kyle.  This time I can use the auto pilot in the bus.

Looking forward to another fun time.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 12:00:33 PM »

Kyle,
    Sadly, Paula & I will not be able to attend this one.  We arrived home last week from a great trip. I went on-line to the Social Security website to start the process of applying for my social securty to find I have to be 61 years AND 9 MONTHS before I can apply. That means I can't apply until September 29. After the internet application is completed, I have to set up an appointment for an "in person" visit to the local office. That will probably be the second week of October.
    We had a great time at the last rally and will certainly miss being at this one.  The scenery should be beautiful in October!  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 05:45:41 PM »

Sadly, Paula & I will not be able to attend this one. 

Party Pooper   Sad  Shocked

Once those checks start rolling in I'll expect a little more out of you two.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Take the time you need to get all your ducks in a row so the fun can continue!
We'll mis you guys in October!

So far there are over a dozen that will be there.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 04:52:22 AM »

Kyle,

We will also be at the NON rally.

See ya there........ Grin

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Hobe

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 05:26:59 AM »

We will try to make it on our way North. Fred North Florida Bus Conversion
Kirby-4104-FL

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 07:23:33 PM »

LOL, we will try to make it on our way south!

Kirby & Linda
(currently in Massachusetts)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 07:39:21 PM »

We'll be thar!  Assuming that the creeks don't rise...which is very unlikely this year. 
The mountain campgrounds will be scrounging for paying campers this fall...the lack of rain is going to make for a crappy leaf season.  We have 'leaf season here right now.  Zero rain for August....bummer!  My trees are shedding their leaves now.  Won't be any left for the fall.
Is the campground taking reservations for this 'non-rally?   
I'll make the call and find out!   Wink
Looking forward to seeing everyone!   JR and Terri

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 07:58:13 PM »

Palmetto Cove has 148 spaces, & they have NEVER filled up! So they don't do reservations. I'm guessing the lack of being full is due to no showers & lack of advertising.

Of the other 2 rallies being held there that weekend, we already out number one of 'em & may out number the other one too! This will give us great clout for next years rally!  Cool

Oh Yeah, Those with musical talent are invited to play & pick. BUT, there has been a request that an evening quiet time at 9:30 be observed so the early to bed types can get their much needed beauty sleep!  Grin

Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 08:38:32 PM »

Kyle,
Even if this is an "Non-official" bus rally you're having in October, you are getting some pretty impressive busnuts planning on being at your rally.  I believe this will still be a success for you and know next year will definately be much bigger.

Good  Luck, we can entertain in the day time also you know, we will play it by ear with no certain times but observe the 9:30 curfew which is fine.  I also hope John & Wyonana can come to team up with JR & Terri for some good ole blue grass.

Here is a little taster of what to expect.

Gary

Gary
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 05:25:12 AM »

Thanks Gary.
BTW, I thought ALL busnuts were impressive  Grin

I am looking forward to finally meeting Mr Fred Hobe, I've seen him a couple of times, but the crowd of fans around him was too thick.  Grin

Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 10:14:14 AM »

Kyle,
all the busnuts in our circle are impressive as you indicated, but, some of our impressive friends deserve the credit for us doing this hobby or giving us directions to do it and I consider them the "Grand-fathers" we should all look up to and I do such as Fred & Jack and many, many more.  They all know who I mean for sure as I say it enough.

I love to give them the respect they all deserve now at rallies and gatherings and don't wait until saying it at a Euology, life is too short. 

Gary

Gary
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 06:24:12 PM »

Too right Gary, some nuts are more impressive than others.  Shocked

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: