Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 01:48:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rusty Bumper Mounts  (Read 3399 times)
mikelutestanski

Mikes Metal Mistress

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 08:48:54 AM »

I replaced that piece with a piece of .5 plate on both sides and added another  .250 to the hitch I built. THe hitch had to undergo several modifications to get it right . Tell me where to send pix and I can send them.   Mike in florida   mCI 7

Mike Lutestanski   Dunnellon Florida
  1972 MCI 7
  L10 Cummins  B400R  4.625R
maria-n-skip

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 08:51:36 AM »

Mike,

How about right here.......So we can all benefit. Just a thought

Skip
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 09:15:34 AM »

Yea, we all want to see.
Richard

Mike,

How about right here.......So we can all benefit. Just a thought

Skip

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 12:31:06 PM »

Mike,
   If you have trouble posting the photos, email them to me and I post them for you.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 12:44:32 PM »

Here is a photo of the back of Sojourner's bus frame. He modified the frame but this part is almost the same as OEM. The plate appears to be about 3/32 or 1/8. The diagonal is 1 1/2 square tubing. there is plate on each side of the diagonal.  As a general rule, I try to always use stainless steel if working below the interior bus floor. 
For some reacon, the BB is saying my file is too large, but is smaller than anything I have previously posted??? Jack
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 12:52:06 PM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Dallas

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 02:28:52 PM »

Here is a photo of the back of Sojourner's bus frame. He modified the frame but this part is almost the same as OEM. The plate appears to be about 3/32 or 1/8. The diagonal is 1 1/2 square tubing. there is plate on each side of the diagonal.  As a general rule, I try to always use stainless steel if working below the interior bus floor. 
For some reacon, the BB is saying my file is too large, but is smaller than anything I have previously posted??? Jack

Jack...
Send it to me, I'll beat it into submission and get it posted for you.
DavidInWilmNC

1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 06:38:16 AM »

Jack...

Are the pics postable yet? 

David
Dallas

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 06:52:26 AM »

Jack...

Are the pics postable yet? 

David

Nope, I guess not.
DF
maria-n-skip

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 07:05:36 AM »

Dallas,

Just because things like this are an interest to me. Could you e-mail
 me the pictures I'd like to look at them on why they are so different.

My emails in my profile

Skip
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 09:43:25 AM »

David, Heres a pic of mine. It was not rotted out, but I built new longer engine rails and welded on. Half inch thick steel is over kill but it won't rust out. Mine is an 80 5C, not sure if it is stainless but will look if it will help.  Tom Y 

Tom Yaegle
Dallas

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2007, 10:43:54 AM »

I haven't gotten any pictures in my email yet, but as soon as I do I'll resize and post them.

Mike...
You can send the photo's to me at my email address in my profile. Just click on the envelope over on the left underneath my name.
<--------------- <-------------- <--------------- <----------------
Dallas
Dallas

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2007, 04:15:09 PM »

OK,
Here's a picture that Jack sent me:

"Anyhow this is a photo of the rear frame after repair on Sojourner's bus.  The lower and diagonal framing members are 1 1/2" square tubing.  The plates are 1/8" or 3/32" thick.  All material is stainless steel and was welded with a mig welder using stainless wire.  Jack"
mikelutestanski

Mikes Metal Mistress

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2007, 07:10:45 PM »

hello      here is a picture of the hitch with the plates behind it. The original plates were almost gone and I decided to replace them and add the hitch. THe hitch works because of the green angle welded to the side. That is required for this design more to come  mike

1972 MCI 7
mikelutestanski

Mikes Metal Mistress

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2007, 07:13:33 PM »

Hello  THis is the right side showing the .5 plate and the .25 plate that is part of the hitch mike

1972 MCI 7
mikelutestanski

Mikes Metal Mistress

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2007, 07:19:42 PM »

Hello   THis pix shows the hitch removed and the plates that replaced the original stuff. WHere steel met stainless I welded with stainless rod. THis hitch is not the final design because it was modified to add plates to each side. mike

1972 MCI 7
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: