Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 07:16:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: walkway, platform, folding place to stand on to clean tall windshields?  (Read 2147 times)
captain ron

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 11:22:38 PM »

On MCI and GMC the front bumper folds up. You could make a brace to help support it better and bang there you go. I may research that a little more.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 07:39:00 AM »

Alas, my bumper folds down, and my windshields are so high that I need more than 20" high to stand on.  More like 48" to reach the top.  Maybe that folding ladder is the best bet.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 07:52:42 AM »

On MCI and GMC the front bumper folds up. You could make a brace to help support it better and bang there you go. I may research that a little more.

Ron not all MCI bumpers fold up, 96A's !02A's, B's, C's, D's, E's, and up (basically anything after a "9") the bumpers fold down! And most even make a great step, but way too low for TALL windshields like what Jim and I have! FWIW Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: