Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 12:10:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT: Getting rid of Windows Vista  (Read 5921 times)
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2007, 08:39:19 AM »

Talk about a hi-jacked thread!!! How did this get from computers to Setra rear ends?

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Songman

« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2007, 08:43:01 AM »

Go Dawgs!!!

Oops! Sorry, wrong thread.

Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2007, 06:18:55 PM »

Don't you have a parts bus where you bought the running busses from?

Ron yes I still have the '89 S215 HDH in Idaho and have been working on a deal to either get it hauled here soon. Or I may put it on ebay! The rear end in it won't work with out changing the gear ratio, and I can buy a heavy duty truck rear end (dump truck, cement truck, heavy hauler) with either the right ratio or one close enough to work for a lot less than I'd spend just getting the other one home! I figure I can get the whole rear end from a salvage yard for $1,000 or less hub to hub! And a chunk to change the gear ratio in the other one will be close to that if I can find the right ratio! But great thought, thanks for trying to keep me sharp! By the way check out my new thread! I have new faith! Grin  BK  Grin

By the way guys I didn't mean to hi-jack this thread! See the new one please!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 06:26:12 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Songman

« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2007, 06:50:43 PM »

Nothing wrong with a little controlled detour every now and then... It's easy to get a thread back on track. Sometimes something is said that reminds you of something else. No problem.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »

This thread is sooo long that it's getting hard to keep up...

Someone Please start a new thread just on "How to use Vista"

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2007, 08:34:34 PM »

Talk about a hi-jacked thread!!! How did this get from computers to Setra rear ends?

Actually the thread didn't get hijacked, It was redirected by a Garmin GPS and took the scenic route. Oh.. Sorry.. I just had to mention GPS....

They should have called them " Go Way Off on a Back Road Adventure Systems "

GWOBRAS  ( I know it doesn't make sense! )

I would not like to think about a GPS program running under Vista.. Vista has to stop and ask your permission to CRASH ! ( for lack of a better word . ) Gads..

And NO NASA does not use MS Windows.. It is a custom operating system built for mission critical use. It is a DOS-Like based GUI system. Pretty neat but very expensive. Linux looks about as close as any of us will ever get to "reliable"

Too bad, IBM's OS/2 was almost bulletproof but Ol'e Bill G. took that and stomped the only better operating system into the ground....So here we are...XP & Vista...

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2007, 08:36:28 PM »

Sorry Nick,

I will shut up now....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Songman

« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2007, 09:00:39 PM »

And NO NASA does not use MS Windows.. It is a custom operating system built for mission critical use. It is a DOS-Like based GUI system. Pretty neat but very expensive. Linux looks about as close as any of us will ever get to "reliable"

It is not Windows like you and I use Windows, but it is still a Microsoft operating system.

And still... I have zero problems on my Windows network... so 'reliable' comes down to the user and setup apparently. Sorry you guys seem to have so much trouble.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: