Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 06:33:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the max angle for... uhh... toilet tube. ;)  (Read 4816 times)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 05:19:29 PM »

I have been wrestling with this mess all day. Here's what i think will work for me:

Kids slide down the slide on a 45* angle about 12" long. (I just can't get away from that  Angry)
  Sinks drain right into the waste tank. (I guess a little extra water in there is ok from what I read) It is a 100 gallon tank.
  Shower also drains into the waste tank, BUT, I put that extra shut off valve in the line to be able to drop the shower water on the ground or where ever.

All lines have fernco's in them for access.

I wanted to drop the sink water thru the "slide" but just don't have the room.

Tomorrow we "glue"!  (unless of course somebody has any more suggestions Wink)
     Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 05:41:14 PM »

You'll be fine ... do it your way. I don't run any extra water down the poo hole, I have a sealand ceramic RV toilet. ... and I never have any of that ... poopy morning build-up  Grin
Ron
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 05:43:44 PM by prevost82 » Logged
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2007, 06:48:03 PM »

Sounds good. I have a 12 inch drop with two 45* in it, no problem, and that is fulltiming for 6 years!!! Is there a way you can put in a bypass for all the greywater?
 ie if you run the gray to the tank install a tee with a slide valve on the bottom, with the valve open it drops into the tank, closed it keeps going. If doing this it is a good idea to put a zerk grease fitting in the slide valve. they do not like being flat.
HTH Jim

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2007, 07:17:36 PM »

Is there a way you can put in a bypass for all the greywater?
  Not really. I mean it's possible, but I'm trying to keep the spaghetti to a minimum.  Smiley It's a pretty clean minimalistic setup this way. And I don't think the water from the sinks are going to be all that much. As it stands the tanks are, 100 gal. clean, 100 gal. waste. I REALLY wanted to put in a grey tank and a black tank, but it just wasn't in the cards. I still really like that idea but I think this is a happy medium.

Thanx guys,
       Chaz

ok, I couldn't stand it. I started gluing tonite!  Roll Eyes  Grin

"tomorrow we do ELECTRICITY!!!!"                                     (God help me)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 07:19:08 PM by Chaz » Logged

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/

FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 07:18:16 PM »

Chaz,

Stuff rolls down hill.

A 45 degree angle prevents an unwanted splash.

A little water in the bowl helps the Stuff go down.

These are the facts as I know them!   Tongue

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2007, 07:21:14 PM »

Ya know what Cliff.......... Come to think of it, I don't even know how to use an RV pot!!!!!!!  Shocked 
 Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there a trick??

UH-OH,
     Chaz

gus

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2007, 07:30:23 PM »

Since I have one 90gal waste tank I want all the liquid in it I can get, makes the solid stuff break up and dump much better.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2007, 07:31:09 PM »

Lift up on the flusher with your foot and it puts a little water in the bowl.

Down sends it to the abyss.

A little practice and its easier than shifting a spicer....LOL

Cliff

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Jerry Liebler

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2007, 07:43:57 PM »

Chaz,
     What are you doing for a tank vent??  Absolutely must have one!!  Best is 2" through the roof, usually hidden in the shower wall.
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2007, 05:28:13 AM »

Cliff,
  I have some sort of lever or valve kinda behind the left side of the seat. It's a Thetford, but other than that........? I'm assuming I can push it in two directions, but not sure. I'll check when I get out there this morning.

Jerry,
  Unfortunately, I don't have any walls to take it up thru. Maybe a closet tho. But I was wanting to try something that I had read sometime ago, and run it thru the floor. Actually, 2 of them. one on either side. Once the pipe goes thru the floor, I am going to put a 45* elbow on it. One will face forward and the other backward.
  If it's true that air (oxygen) keeps things from smelling - and I believe it is - this should give it all it wants. If not.............  Roll Eyes............ I'll weld the plates back in and get creative thru the roof.

Trying not to be stinky,
            Chaz

jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2007, 05:57:38 AM »

If you go travel the entire world you will not see a vent pipe through a floor.Ask yourself why?  Except in a couple of bus conversions.  In the process of decomposition things get warm, heat rises!  Now if the vapors do come out, and there is no wind do you really want the smell sitting under your bus? Even if you used a power vent, you will still be sitting in the odor.
 One elbow pointed forward? Seems like a recipe for disaster!!! I have a vison of the pressure blowing the water out of a trap and forcing the odor into the bus.
 This is only my opinion of course, I may be wrong.

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2007, 06:24:10 AM »

Chaz,

I ran a 2" pipe like Jerry described.

Works good, I also built a little venturi type cap on it with a tee and a reducer on the forward facing part of the tee.

My concern with the thru the floor is the same as jjr's.

But, If you have the time and want to experiment I would look forward to your results.

Sometimes the road least traveled is the most interesting.

I think the forward facing vent would cause a nose full if anyone flushed while driving.

Remember there is NO trap in a RV toilet.

Cliff

Mark Twain
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2007, 06:29:31 AM »

Pretty strong opinion there.  Smiley But you may have a point. I AM  the "new guy".

But to further explain:
  The vent tube with the elbow forward is 1.5". The tube with the elbow backward is 2". I think that should help in the pressurization dept. And the 2'' will be on the drivers side away from the side we would be hanging out on most.
  Plus, I was figuring that with enough air getting to it, the smell would be lessened a great deal. At least that is how I read some of the posts in this thread.
   Hey, maybe it won't work! I seems good on paper. Has anyone else tried this?? It would certainly make life easier on me if it did work this way.
   I'm always open to people's thoughts and ideas. (and areas of expertise!  Wink)

Just ventin,
        Chaz

Just seen you wrote Cliff. Good point about the flushing while driving. Hmmmmmmm.........

NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2007, 07:00:31 AM »

my 2 cents, while were CHITtalkin

Mine came strait down with a ceramic Sealand(i think  dont get close enough to read label) and has big ball valve like navy toilets.

strait down is just simpler, if something happens, it simpler to address.  more complicated things will work i'm sure but IF/when something were to happen, clog etc., it's less simpler to address.    somewhere down the road you may find you wish you would have moved the vanity while your in a precarious position.

For us Bigachitta types, the bowl is too small for the final relief of "Travel Constipation".  I push the pedal down on the toilet for the strait shot so it won't lift me off the seat Cheesy and it's a nice courtesy flush for the small space close to the kitchen.  

I also added the kithen sink sprayer when i replumbed it, saw it at the RV show figured why not,  not sure what its for, but I reckon a redneck biday is what it is used for sometimes.  and to pressure wash skid marks

Make sure you have room for your elbows when you reach your nethers. sit and try before you cut.  make sure the plumbing is accessable and try to protect from freeze.  use pex push-on fittings, expensive per fitting but cheap per job,  reusable and easy.  pex less freeze resistant.

I'll have to try the push-up thing, thanks cliff.

HTH

your tank
your toilet
your turd
your way

let us know what you decide

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Dallas

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2007, 08:21:03 AM »

Chaz,
     What are you doing for a tank vent??  Absolutely must have one!!  Best is 2" through the roof, usually hidden in the shower wall.
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120

He could always light a match when he flushes!  Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: