Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 05:10:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windsheild washer  (Read 1208 times)
luvrbus

« on: August 23, 2007, 12:31:38 PM »

I need to replace my washer and need advice on which is the best air operated or electric. i have Air Push brand now but can not find anybody that sell its,also has anyone ever used the type that heats the fluid     thanks for any info  
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 12:52:32 PM by luvrbus » Logged
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 01:23:01 PM »

I plan, when I get there, to hook up the washer nozzles to my fresh water system with a valve in the dash board.  So, it doesn't have washer fluid..but what it lacks in quality I can make up for in quantity!

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 01:48:53 PM »

I got an electric one out of a OTR truck wreaker ... works great, got the new bucket and pump for $5
Ron
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 03:05:57 PM »

On our MC-8, we used the same windshield washer fluid container, but installed 2 electric washer pumps (one for each wiper) and installed "wet arm" washer nozzles. These nozzles attach to the wiper arm and spray along the wiper blades.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 05:01:36 PM »

NcBob,
You might want to think of keeping the lines outside the vehicle warm as the straight water will freeze in a NY minute, @ 70 mph and below freezing temps, rendering the washers useless.

Just a thought, having been there without the blue stuff in the resevoir.

Gary

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
JimC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 05:22:13 PM »

I went NAPA and bought a plastic radiator overflow canister and an electric pump when I was in Florida for Jacks rally in anticipation of needing it on the way back to Wisconsin. I mounted it under the dash next to the stairs. I also bought some rubber hose and a wiper mounted spray nozzle. I don't think I paid more than $25 for everything brand new.
Jim

4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 07:28:36 PM »

NcBob,
You might want to think of keeping the lines outside the vehicle warm as the straight water will freeze in a NY minute, @ 70 mph and below freezing temps, rendering the washers useless.

Just a thought, having been there without the blue stuff in the resevoir.

Gary

Gary, Keep in mind that Bob being the Bear he is hibernates all winter in FL! He don't need no stink'n nwasher fluid to keep it from freez'n! LOL !
Grin  BK  Grin

PS that is bug ol' teddy bear! LOL! Hey just what I heard from the neighbors!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 11:26:13 PM »

Guys,

I recently bought some of the "new" Rain Ex washer fluid.  I used it only a couple of times before it rained.  WALLA!  Rain beads in small particles and blows off of the windshield with out the wipers.  Better than putting the original stuff on the windshield cause I had that turn out badly with a residue but it still did its job on the rain.

You still need wipers, of course.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 01:11:29 AM »

BK,
Thanks for the correction, as I am of the unwashed here, not as of yet have the great pleasure to have met the wonderful contributors of this board.
 I am currently still working for a living and only lust for the days I can move to where the weather is warm, as I chose.

Thanks as I got a chuckle of your pointing this out.....
Hope to be there soon myself.

This is both a wonderful life and country when you stop and think of all we have.

Gary

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
kysteve

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 09:21:50 PM »

I just wish I had a windshield to wash.. Cry  Cry  Cry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: