Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 12:34:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which RV toilet has biggest seat under $250?  (Read 4032 times)
belfert

« on: August 25, 2007, 09:56:09 AM »

Which RV toilet has the biggest/most comfortable seat for under $250.  I have a Thetford Bravura now which isn't too bad, but it got beat up pretty bad by being in the bus during demo and construction.

The ultimate toilet for me would be the Thetford Aria with a seat the size of a household elongated seat, but the Aria at close to $500 is just too much money.

The ones I've been researching are the Sealand 500 Plus and the various Thetford Style toilets.  I would get another Bravura (or keep the current one for now) if it has the best seat.  Camping World has the Sealand 500 Plus on sale right now.
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 11:45:45 AM »

I had a Sealand Traveler now I have a Aqua magic style plus. The Aqua is a much more comfortable toilet. Even the china bowl is eaiser to clean!!! I know 2 other people that have them and are happy.

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

DebDav

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 03:24:54 PM »

I bought an Aria on ebay for $325.00.  Keep checking.
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 05:50:19 PM »

This is being offered, "tongue-in-cheek".  How about the one that fits your butt? Undecided

There are very nice padded seats available at most retail stores which will make your 'extended reading periods' quite comfortable.  No reason to think that one would have to think in terms of the Manufacturers best offering of a hard, plastic picture frame (a little Redneck humor there). Cheesy

FWIW.....

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
DavidInWilmNC

1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 05:55:56 PM »

Not to hijack, but what's a decent toilet that takes regular seats (they fit my butt just fine  Wink ), works well, and is reasonably priced? 

David
belfert

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 09:14:18 PM »

I'm looking at comfort in terms of the longest seat from front to back.  I don't care if the seat itself is hard plastic.

It sounds like the Thetford Style Plus will probably fit the bill as I can't see spending even $325 for an Aria.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 12:57:07 PM »

I have the Aria and I am very happy with it, it keeps itself pretty clean.  Haven't had to use Pam on it yet.  Thrifty with the water too.  Keep looking on ebay per Deb and Dav.  And yest, its very comfortable too. I'm not big on the plastic ones either. 

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 09:01:43 PM »

Ok, like I posted in another thread, I haven't had the pleasure of using an RV "throne" yet, but is there that much of an issue??? Just curious.

I still fit 29" waist jeans. I gotta be careful I don't fall in!
     Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
JimC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 08:26:43 AM »

Belfert,
I just replaced the cheap plastic Sea Land I had with an Aqua Magic Style Plus. I have to say that I am impressed, it works great and the china bowl is a vast improvement.
I needed it quickly and just walked in a little RV store and paid 277.00 off the floor. I am sure that you can get a better price by shopping around. Size wise its much larger than the old one, and I would say just slightly smaller than a household unit. Well worth the extra money over the cheap plastic ones.
Jim   

4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 02:01:03 PM »

Chaz,

as long as you sit sideways, you'll be alright. Grin

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Dallas

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 03:10:24 PM »

Chaz

I can sell you a nice Pine 4X4, smooth on 2 sides.
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 04:25:11 PM »

I had to put some thought into this befor posting,I dont want to offend anyone, but what the heck. The worst that happens I get banned!!
 The size of the seat front to rear and side to side is not the issue. It is the depth of the bowl from waterline to family jewels. Huh With the Sealand china bowl I had to be careful or Mr Happy would go for a dip  Shocked With the style plus, I can relax as this is not a problem Cheesy
 I understand that this is more of a problem for gentlemen with 35 foot buses Grin  There did I offend anyone?

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 04:33:08 PM »

jjrbus, ROTFLMAO  Grin Grin Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 07:14:04 PM »

The size of the seat front to rear and side to side is not the issue. It is the depth of the bowl from waterline to family jewels. Huh With the Sealand china bowl I had to be careful or Mr Happy would go for a dip  Shocked With the style plus, I can relax as this is not a problem Cheesy
 I understand that this is more of a problem for gentlemen with 35 foot buses Grin  There did I offend anyone?

See Kyle, it's not just me,  I have the sealand china bowl too.  Brian, As stated on Chaz's thread, i push the pedal down when the train exits one tunnel so it goes strait to the next tunnel and doesn't lift me off the seat.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 07:35:57 PM »

I don't have that problem my bus is a 45'er ! LOL!

Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: