Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 25, 2014, 04:22:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which RV toilet has biggest seat under $250?  (Read 4075 times)
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2007, 07:41:50 AM »

The capacitor will not pass any DC but they do pass AC. The smaller the cap, higher the frequency. They are wired to go from the positive termial to the negative one, so any AC in the line is shorted out. 

The inductor resists current change. There is a magnetic field around it as current passes through it. An increase in  current increases the magnetic field (and takes energy) and a decrease in current reduces the magentic filed and (puts energy back).  This would be wired in series to smooth out the power.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
belfert

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2007, 08:46:32 AM »

Spend the $ now or spend it later! Buy what ya need/want now you'll be $ ahead, than to replace it later! Besides if I had your $ I'd use mine to start a fire!

You have this illusion I am made of money.  Yes, I spent more than many on my shell and such, but I don't have endless resources.  The new radiator has pretty much exhausted my bus funds for this year other than money to buy fuel for my upcoming trip.
belfert

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 08:50:53 AM »

I'm probably going to buy the Aria Classic.  I'm waiting for calls back from a few surplus places to see if they have one.

The Magnum Opus seems like a good unit, but I found out it (and most electric toilets) take twice as much water to flush as most manual toilets.  I will mostly be boondocking, so water usage is important.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2007, 08:53:29 AM »

and the Aria is very water efficient.  It also has the manual mode where it only squirts water as long as you hold the button down.  Keeps the bowl clean too, in spite of its miserly water usage.  Good long term keeper.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: