Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 21, 2014, 07:09:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spell Check Tips*  (Read 2803 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« on: May 17, 2006, 11:46:52 AM »

This topic is locked. Anyone wishing to reply should do so by starting a new subject or adding to an existing topic.

Below is information on two systems that I have/do use and I am very happy with both.

Internet Explorer Spell Check

http://www.iespell.com/
This is a free download and seems to work well with any document you are typing on any of the boards. Very similar to MS Word spell check.
After downloading you have two ways of utilizing:
1.  right click in the box you are typing in and you will get a drop down menu which will include spell check. Click on that and proceed as in M/S Word.
2. After down load you will get a check box labeled abc check in your main tool bar. Just click on it will start the spell check.

The other spell check system is part of the Google tool bar.

http://toolbar.google.com/index_xp.html
I/E or FoxFire version is available for download from this site.
Again. a free download and I find it very helpful since the tool bar contains, in addition to the spell check, a search engine block, a pop up blocker and Auto Fill and several other helpful features. It also provides an abc check box in the main Google tool bar. 
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added Notes

Quote from: plyonsMC9 on 17 May 2006, 18:30:49

OK, it has beeen suggested I need a spell checker.   

I use firefox, there is an extension aspell, which I started using.  So far, it is OK, though it brought up an exception on my older firefox browser.  Red Hat EL 4.0 officially only supports the 1.0.8 firefox as of May 17, 2006 .  I have to assume it would work ok on the current firefox build of 1.5.0.3

The Konqueror browser included with many Linux builds already has a spell checker built in, and seems to work quite well.

Hope this helps, Phil

Please note that the Google tool bar spell checker also supports Firefox. I also especially like the AutoFill button.
Richard

« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 10:12:37 AM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: