Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 04:10:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: up-date on conversion  (Read 774 times)
ttomas

Ignore
« on: August 29, 2007, 05:08:52 PM »

I purchased an MC9 in June, one month was given to debate, to raise the roof or not.
  We decided to raise it and ordered the caps on July 15th.
  They came in with the siding on July 27th.
  We gutted the floor and should have it back in within 2 to 3 days.
  We've  raised the roof and installed the caps.
   We have got allot of the wiring and insulation done, generator installed,  heater hoses run.I will do the rough in plumbing tommorrow.
    I have four capable boys still at home, so we are moving pretty fast. Three have been kind of full time, no weekends, and they seem to find other stuff to do sometimes. The forth will stop his construction job with my married son and give us a full week next week.
We are planning a trip on the 8 of September. Hopefully we will have it cased out with plywood, maybe the bath closed off by then. And certainly the air conditioners in.

I really do not believe we could make such progress (at least correctly) with out this board.
Thanks to all of you,  Tomas
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 05:15:17 PM »

Go Tomas Go!

You are making some serious progress!

Sounds like you have a Great attitude for this project and a Wonderful family too.

We took ours out as soon as the steel tent would move and have loved every minute.

What a magnificant thing to do together with your Sons.

They will remember and talk about this time forever.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 05:36:58 PM »

Hi Tomas, welcome to the wonderful world of family bus building!  My good friend Cliff knows what he's talking about...because when I first met him last summer he was up to his ears in FL alligators with his family on board and problems with the bus.

And, bless her heart, Julie (his wife) was living with a plastic basin on a plywood kitchen counter to do the dishes!  The children were sleeping in the best makeshift bunks that Dad could build and still use the bus. It was definitely a "Family Affair".

You couldn't have met a happier family. Everyone was having a ball and knew, in their heart of hearts, that Dad was going to make improvements and life on the road was going to get better.

And it has.  Cliff has done wonders with that old 4905 and the family hasn't let progress stand in the way of having fun and traveling.

Sounds to me like you're following in my friends' footsteps and making it a family project. Please, please don't lose sight of the forest for the trees.  Use that bus...even if it's 'steel tenting' with the boys and the family.  Everyone needs a reward for their hard work and nothing beats a weekend of roughing it out as a family. Hot dogs are superb in the great outdoors!

The BusGods will reward you for your effort.......

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
JimC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 06:23:27 PM »

Well said Bob

Jim

4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: