Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 12:13:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Bus Roundup 2007  (Read 2509 times)
dwbruner

Ignore
« on: August 29, 2007, 10:00:19 PM »

Texas Bus Roundup 2007 Smiley Cheesy Grin

September 13-16, 2007
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 10:02:42 PM by dwbruner » Logged

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
dwbruner

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 12:30:35 AM »

TBR 2007 Busnuts,

First, a HUGE "Thank You" to Sonnie Gray for doing extra legwork to track down a new site on such short notice! Grin

With that said, the TBR 2007 will take place at the Eisenhower State Park on Lake Texoma close to Denison, TX! Cool  Sonnie helped us secure the Cedar Hollow Group camping area at a fee of $15/nt with no in/out fees (normally $3/day per person).  These campsites have 30amp Elec & Water.  No sewage at the sites, but there are dump stations in the park.  We will also have free use of the pavilion in the group area (normally $50/day) which includes built-in grills for doing a little BBQ. Cheesy 

To eliminate mass confusion trying to figure out the online or phone reservation system....Sonnie has graciously booked and paid for the Cedar Hollow Group area.  We have space for up to 37 buses/RV's in the group area (at last count we were expecting 25-30 buses Undecided ).  So no need to make reservations through the park system, but please confirm with Paul & I via this board or email that you will be attending the TBR 2007 on Sept 13-16.

Now Sonnie is a super nice guy Grin, but he would like to be reimbursed.....so please be prepared to pay Sonnie your $45 fee ($15/nt x 3) when you arrive at the park.  Otherwise we may find out what "Don't Mess With Texas" really means!!! Shocked

Here is the park address & directions:
Eisenhower State Park
50 Park Rd 20
Denison TX 75020-4878

From Dallas: Take Hwy 75 North to Denison. Continue on Hwy 75 for 5 miles. Take Texas Hwy 91(exit 72) to FM 1310, turn West for 2 miles to the park.

Despite the last minute switch-a-roo we are very excited about getting as many fellow Busnuts together as possible for the Texas Bus Roundup 2007!  I have attached an updated park map specifying the Cedar Hollow Group area.  Let me know if you have any questions/concerns that I can help you with and we will see y'all soon! Grin

Darrin

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
goodnews

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 02:51:15 PM »

Darrin,
goodnews

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 02:54:20 PM »

Darrin,
goodnews

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 03:12:54 PM »

Darrin or Paul,
Please send me your e-mail addresses if you get this post. I am having no luck in getting a post to work on the board.
Dreamscape

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 04:25:09 PM »

Here's mine.

paul_lawry@yahoo.com

Paul
dwbruner

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 04:26:05 PM »

Clifford,

My email is:  darrin.bruner@ge.com

Paul's email is:  paul_lawry@yahoo.com

You may also call me at 214-676-8378.

Darrin

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
Sanity Fix

Mike Crouch and Brenda Britt

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 06:18:51 PM »

9/4/2007

For all of you busnuts coming to the Texas Bus Roundup 2007, this email is not for you, it is for your better half.

If any of you ladies are interested in a scrappin/scrap booking party let me know.  We need a commitment of at least 8. I am one, so we need 7 more. I have contacted a Close To My Heart Consultant that said she would be very willing to come and have fun. Let me know, so I can get us on her books. (Ought to be easy, it is my sister)
Just email the board and I will try to keep up with the numbers.

Scrapping 24-7--wouldn't it be fun~~

See you there!

Mike/Brenda/Paige
beckthespeck
Becky Lawry

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 07:26:12 PM »

To those "better halves" mentioned earlier - are any of you quilters?  If so, bring something to show and tell or to work on while we visit.  I have some quilt tops ready so I might as well see if I can figure out how my dear sweet grandmother did all that quilting by hand and this roundup is as good a time as any - especially if I have some partners in crime.  I may even bring a few fat quarters for swapping or showing -who knows what kind of trouble we might get into.  Wonder if Dennison has one of those quaint little out of the way quilt shops..........hmmmmm................don't mention any of this to the men, okay?

I'll see you there!
Becky Lawry
(Paul's Better Half)

Mrs. Dreamscape
dwbruner

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 08:14:52 AM »

Texas Bus Roundup 2007 UPDATE:

Although we don't have a formal schedule with seminars, demonstrations, etc. for TBR 2007, I have listed below a quick glance at the activities planned so far:

Thursday - 9/13/07
   * Arrive at Eisenhower State Park
   * Find a spot in the Cedar Hollow Group camping area
   * Pick up your free "Goodie Bag" from Darrin Bruner or Paul Lawry
   * Pay Sonnie Gray for your camping fee ($15/nt x 3 nts = $45)
   * Supper - Hamburger & Hot Dog cookout @ 6:30 pm (donations accepted)

Friday - 9/14/07
   * Breakfast (on your own)
   * Busnut story telling, bus touring & best practice sharing - ALL day event  Cool
   * Lunch (on your own)
   * Supper - Texas BBQ @ 6:30 pm (donations accepted)

Saturday - 9/15/07
   * Busnut story telling, bus touring & best practice sharing - ALL day event  Cool
   * Scrapbooking party for the ladies - Time TBD
   * Lunch (on your own)
   * Supper (on your own)
   * Dessert social - bring your favorite dessert to share....cookies, cakes, pies, homemade ice cream, etc.  Grin
   * Door Prize drawing....feel lucky??  Wink

Sunday - 9/16/07
   * Busnut story telling, bus touring & best practice sharing - until departure  Cool
   * Lunch (on your own)
   * Departure from Eisenhower State Park (CHECK OUT TIME IS 2:00 PM)

I am looking forward to meeting all the attendees of TBR 2007 next week!!!  Let me know if there is anything you need help with.....call me at 214-676-8378.

Be safe traveling and see ya next week,
Darrin

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: