Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 04:12:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In-Motion satellite: KVH TracVision R5 / R6 vs Wineguard & others...  (Read 8186 times)
htcrkjak

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 08:14:26 PM »

The Tracstar and the King Dome in-motion are the same unit. RV Sat Link in Arizona sells them for about $2300.
installed.
J.
Busted

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2006, 09:46:10 AM »

If you want the best dish money can buy, buy a tracstar, period. I would not recommend kvh to my worst enemy. The old standard datron 4k (& 3500) workhorse still works great & can be bought used for a song. Parts are not the easiest to find but still available. They do work best with a sony reciever & do not get along too well with others, however will function. The datron 5k needs to disappear altogether. If you want a flat dish, motosat makes one as well & was the first to sell one commercially. As far as signal drop is concerned, reaqusition of the reciever is not an issue with the tracstar as it is not dependent on the reciever for tracking. To deal with power drops as in with ac cycleing we run all electronics downwind of an inverter, which is on at all times reguardless. Most trace units have a pass thru circut anyway to deal with automatic switchover.
On another note, it is very cool to see that you have selected an 800 as your platform. I owned 5 (1996 845) & they were my workhorses! The 800 is a very, very good stout bus with very few inherant problems. In my opinion they are the funnest to drive next to a grumman 870!
Chariotdriver

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2006, 10:29:53 AM »

Also with DirecTV you can make a call and have additional units turned on or off within minutes.
  So if your going to be out of the bus, or House for extended periods of time and would like to save 5 dollars per months for any additional recievers, give them a call.
 Phil

Phil Webb
Pass Christian, MS
stephenstay

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2006, 11:41:20 PM »

Good info Busted.  You mentioned that parts are still available for the Datron 4000.  ASA electronics (who bought / acquired Datron) has no support for the 4000 nor have any of the techs ever worked on them.  Do you have another source that you know of for parts and support?
Thanks,
SS
Gary W

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2006, 08:06:16 AM »

There is a company that has parts for the Datrons, Martronics Marine and RV Electronics  here is the link http://www.martronics.com/.

Gary
stephenstay

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2006, 10:24:34 AM »

Thanks Gary,  I'll check it out.
SS
stephenstay

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 07:20:02 PM »

Gary, I finally got a response from Martronics:

"Company Closed!
If you have not received an order PROCESSED acknowledgement - you will not be receiving your order. IF IT IS A DATRON PARTS ORDER - please call 800-688-3135 - ASA - AudioVox Specialized Application - Hopefully they can direct you to a dealer or you can get your part from them. We sincerely regret the inconvenience."

It would appear that they have gone out of business.  If you have any other companies that do or used to carry parts for the Datron's please post it.

Cheers,
SS
Gary W

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2006, 09:36:30 AM »

I guess I'm lucky I got my spare parts from them in spring.

Gary
Chariotdriver

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2006, 05:29:21 PM »

So If I could gte a Tracstar SV360 for about half off this would be the one to go with?
 I don't even have a bus yet, but this will prompt me to get one!!
 Let me know what you think about this company and model.
 Thanks,
 Phil

Phil Webb
Pass Christian, MS
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2006, 05:41:56 PM »

Phil,

Trackstar went out of busisness....

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Chariotdriver

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2006, 05:57:10 PM »

Phil,

Trackstar went out of busisness....

Nick-

Are you sure it is TracStar?
 I was loosely following the thread and did not pick up on that and a call to their office has a answering machine on with a message from TracStar.
    Also plenty of websites selling it etc,...
 Not doubting you, just want to confirm it is TracStar since there are others with similiar names like Tracvision.
 ( this is the part where I usually start pulling my foot from my mouth, just do not want to let this deal get away without making sure it is TracStar.
 Hmmm,..
 Phil

Phil Webb
Pass Christian, MS
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: