Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 11:43:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tire care  (Read 1308 times)
Denny

Ignore
« on: May 18, 2006, 12:08:25 PM »

Does anybody have facts, fiction or theory's on tire foam/cleaners/protectant type sprays for tires?  I am thinking of products like "Armorall Tire Foam" or similar products.  I have new tires and don't want to take any chances on causing sidewall checking or premature wear on them.  What have you heard pro and con??

Thanks
Denny
phil4501

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 12:15:30 PM »

In CA the most important thing seemed to be to keep the sidewalls clean. The smog and dirt combined with the uv is what kills em. This has been my experience with auto and light truck tires, I have no experience with bus tires to speak of so take it for what it's worth.
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 06:23:39 PM »

When I had my bus painted, they got paint all over the tires and just wiped it off with HuhHuh. Leaving a film on the tires.  I scrubbed and scrubbed, it stayed on. They told me at the paint shop it would wear off. It did not.  Anyway I was at Earl and Dortheys in Plant City FL and Earl told me to get some of the spray on tire cleaner foam stuff.  Two treatments and the tires looked like new!!!! I do not know if the tirres will last longer, but they sure do look good.
                                                                                             Work?/Play safely Jim

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 07:40:14 PM »

There is an old guy experiened drunkfellow with an old GMC MH that swears by this stuff.  I'll be getting some. 

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=17465&src=SRQB

He also says to park it on blocks to slow the electrical contact(kinda like corrsion protection) and covering helps too.

I know it sounds hokie but I've had the good luck with the Formula 2001 Foaming stuff.   I used to put it on my whole dirt bike and ride an enuduro.  62 miles of SC red and only took a couple spots with me.  My card wouldnt stick to the fender so I had to keep it in my pocket and pull it out at the stops.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: