Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 01:11:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4106 power steering lines  (Read 756 times)
4106-123

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2007, 11:40:42 AM »

can someone tell me where the powersteering lines are located aroung the engine compartment on a 4106 i geting ready to add shepard steering and i can see the old lines looped together near the front axle but i can locate them in the back. i suppose they were for the old booster cylinder. has any one put the steering gear on themselves? any tips. i bought the book from coach information thank george
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 12:50:55 PM »

George, standing at the rear of your bus, your lines will be on a bracket in the upper right hand corner, one line to the reservour and one to the pump. You will probably be changing the pump to a higher pressure pump for the Sheppard, the old lines can be reused (as I did) when finished remove the external steering stops on the axel, the Sheppard has internal stops and you will result in a tighter turning radius. use 5 or 10 wt. engine oil for steering fluid and you will love it....I changed mine out ten years ago, using a flaming hack saw to remove all U bolts and so forth it took me 8 man hours to convert.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
4106-123

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 06:03:58 PM »

i looked for the lines are they the copper ones that come up to the same place as the fuel lines? are they copper all the way forward? that sure will make things easier. someone removed the old power steering pump and reservoir
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: