Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 08:02:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus purchase with or without bath..  (Read 800 times)
travelingfools

Ignore
« on: September 04, 2007, 09:45:14 AM »

Early last fall, when talking to a bus dealer, I recall her talking about when buying a bus for conversion, whether I should look towards one with or without a factory installed bath. As we are hopefully getting closer to a purchase, I cant remember the pros or cons of either way..We've seen some recently without baths..Any opinions either way ? There was also a brief discussion about buses with or without the destination sign (also which I don't remember..).

I realize that either way, if there is a bath we will be removing it...I've also learned to write everything down now..lol.

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
Jerry Liebler

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 09:58:18 AM »

Almost no bus conversion uses the restroom that the bus was equipped with.  They are always in the wrong place have tanks that are too small and other issues/reasons.  So 99+% of bus conversions first remove the factory lavatory which is a stinking dirty job.  So If you can buy the shell you want without a factory restroom, that's the better choice if everything else is equal.
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: