Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
March 05, 2015, 08:07:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus purchase with or without bath..  (Read 823 times)
travelingfools

Ignore
« on: September 04, 2007, 09:45:14 AM »

Early last fall, when talking to a bus dealer, I recall her talking about when buying a bus for conversion, whether I should look towards one with or without a factory installed bath. As we are hopefully getting closer to a purchase, I cant remember the pros or cons of either way..We've seen some recently without baths..Any opinions either way ? There was also a brief discussion about buses with or without the destination sign (also which I don't remember..).

I realize that either way, if there is a bath we will be removing it...I've also learned to write everything down now..lol.

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
Jerry Liebler

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 09:58:18 AM »

Almost no bus conversion uses the restroom that the bus was equipped with.  They are always in the wrong place have tanks that are too small and other issues/reasons.  So 99+% of bus conversions first remove the factory lavatory which is a stinking dirty job.  So If you can buy the shell you want without a factory restroom, that's the better choice if everything else is equal.
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: