Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 03:54:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil from WalMart  (Read 1139 times)
kamaro

Ignore
« on: May 18, 2006, 09:59:40 AM »

Montreal. Here in Quebec, I have purchased diesel oil from Wal-Mart, Tech-2000, SAE40 for my converted bus with an 8v71 engine. The oil exceeds API service CF-2 CE.SH.SJ. Cost is $33. Canadian for 5 gallons.
Question: Can anyone tell me - does the quality of this oil affect the running temperature of the engine? I have been using it for 3 years without problems. The engine temperature went up approx. 10 degrees. Could it be the cause, or something else?
Thank you.
kamaro
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 12:02:35 PM »

When that oil is purchased from Sams club in the states, it states on the label that it meets or exceeds all requirements for detroit (and the other engine manufacturers).

I've used it a lot and never had any problems.

I believe the temp is related to some other problem. Try washing the radiator fins out with a water hose with the engine running until the water is clear that is coming out the back of the radiator.

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Huron, South Dakota
phil4501

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 12:05:45 PM »

I used the same oil for 5 years in my loader with a 4-71 and had no problems and no temp. increase.
Hope this helps.

Phil Zisakis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: