Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 07:44:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KBUNNYSTARR needs thoughts on trip mapping  (Read 2862 times)
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 05:57:14 AM »

Wow Dallas.  I looked a couple of times to make sure your "signature" was yours and someone did not fake a post by you!  Your post was most unlike your typical posts.

Like others here, I ask lots of questions.  Sometimes I can offer some thoughts to others questions.  However, I NEVER consider a person who does not have enough experience to offer a constructive reply any less of a member than any other person.

I am probably missing your point, but it sure did come across as a slam and that is not the kind of person you seem to be.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 06:12:09 AM »

Somehow, in my heart of hearts, I can't imagine that Dallas' post was meant to be malicious or hurtful....that's not the guy we all know and respect.

I do agree that his choice of phrasing could have been better chosen, if at all.

Rather than see a 'pile on', which would serve no purpose, let's just convey to Kbunnystarr that her inquiries are welcome on any topic, at any time and hope all concerned will let this pass.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 06:47:50 AM »

I have a friend who lives in Redding, and he leaves every winter for Yuma becasue it rains so much in Redding in the winter and he finds that depressing. 

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007, 07:47:24 AM »

Dallas you was entirely out of line and owe her an apology.

KBunny Starr

If you want a beautiful drive go down and cut over to 58 to 101 then cut over to Hwy 1 and go up the coast route. San Simeon Castle commonly call Hearst Castle My Great Grandad sold it to Randolph Hearst turn of century or so Youll see seal beach and some of the most bestest shoreline in the world. some curves on hwyway 1 but well worth the slower speeds and allow a few days to enjoy.

I did post this on the other board also.

LarryH in Quartzsite

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2007, 07:57:27 AM »

Dallas you was entirely out of line and owe her an apology.

I did post this on the other board also.

LarryH in Quartzsite

What other board is there? LOL
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2007, 07:59:48 AM »

It sure as He(( isn't RV NET LOL

LarryH

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
Dreamscape

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 08:50:44 AM »

KBUNNYSTARR,

Even though you have not posted much that's OK. It's not how many posts you have but what information you are seeking. In fact I was talking to my wife the other day regarding the fact that only a few LADY'S post here, was wondering what happened to you. Then you post the next day.

You are always welcome anytime for any reason!

I hope you don't feel offended, I am sure that was not what Dallas was trying to say, it did come across a bit differant though.

Hope your trip goes well and you find Peace in Redding.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Songman

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2007, 09:01:36 AM »

Guess I should have been a little more specific... No one notices that I recommended in the 2nd post the same route Tom did!  Wink Cheesy
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2007, 09:04:11 AM »

I would highly recommend NOT taking 58 to 101 and then north.  While it is scenic, the drive up highway one beyond San Simeon is very twisty, on a not too wide two lane that will keep you so busy, you'll miss most of the beauty because of concentrating on the driving.  Then if you continue up to Eureka (pretty drive also, with some two lane slow driving) you'd take highway 299 over to Redding.  I can say without a shadow of a doubt that that stretch of 299 between Eureka and Redding is one of the most Mother of Mother roads I've ever taken-and this from 21 years and 1.3 million miles of cross country driving.  If you were to go on the stretch of highway one between San Simeon and Carmel, and 299 between Eureka and Redding in a sports car that handled well with an over abundance of power, yeah that would be genuine fun-but not in a lumbering 16 ton bus.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2007, 10:34:40 AM »

KBUNNYSTARR,

Even though you have not posted much that's OK. It's not how many posts you have but what information you are seeking. In fact I was talking to my wife the other day regarding the fact that only a few LADY'S post here, was wondering what happened to you. Then you post the next day.

You are always welcome anytime for any reason!

I hope you don't feel offended, I am sure that was not what Dallas was trying to say, it did come across a bit differant though.

Hope your trip goes well and you find Peace in Redding.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape

They say great minds run in the same track and as I told Kristine I was thinking about her just a couple of days ago also. Hopefully she will at least check in occasionally and let us know how she is doing.
As far as I recall we only have three female members on the board. Kat does an excellent job of keeping us updated on Dallas's doings (I heard rumors she ducked him in the lake yesterday and made him sleep with the animals) LOL, Kristy checks in occasionally and now we just got to get Kristine to keep us updated.
Thanks, gals. we love having you.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dallas

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2007, 10:43:24 AM »

See? I knew it would be taken the wrong way!

All I was asking for was to hear more about her travels, trials and tribulations.

Face it we are all voyeuristic in that we want to know when things go right and celebrate, and we also want to know when things go wrong and commiserate.

But leaving us hanging ain't no fair!

Either like it or don't. I'll not apologize for what I asked.

Dallas
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2007, 10:52:17 AM »

Again TomC nails it for road recommendations.  I have driven my 41 ft coach down hwy 1 along that 88 miles section of the twisties, between  Carmel and San Simeon.  I'm not sure I ever want to do that again, despite the beauty, even if my new partner would want to.  My front end was over the line a lot of the time, putting me at risk for taking out an exuberant motorcyclist, while the rears were running over things I would have rather-ed they not run over.   My nephew was sitting in the co-pilot seat , looking down at the 300 foot drop to the ocean.  He asked, Uncle Jim, I know you're a good driver and all, but would that 2 ft high wall keep us from going over the edge if you hit it?  I had to tell him no.

As for 299, I drove that section from Redding to the coast and back in one day to pick up my Sunfrost refrigerator.  Some have said they don't mind it, but damn was that full of tight turns, going almost lock to lock at 15 mph for quite a while.  Yes, I will avoid that road and I advise you to avoid it too!!!  Talk about seasick

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2007, 10:56:47 AM »

Face it we are all voyeuristic in that we want to know when things go right and celebrate, and we also want to know when things go wrong and commiserate.

Dallas
If she knew what my personal image of her is she would probably blush all day. LOL
Richard

Dallas

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2007, 11:01:53 AM »

Naughty Naughty Richard!   Wink
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2007, 11:31:39 AM »

Naughty Naughty Richard!   Wink
Yea, but ain't it fun, and I can dream can't I?
Richard

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: