Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 07:36:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KBUNNYSTARR needs thoughts on trip mapping  (Read 2876 times)
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2007, 11:33:22 AM »

FWIW we've done the coastal run from San Diego as far as Washington 3 times now - twice with a big 5th wheel and once with the bus.  Its one of the most scenic stretches of road I have seen anywhere in North America, probably 2nd only to the Going to the Sun Highway and maybe tied with Golden, BC.  I wouldn't hesitate to do it again in the bus but you really want to have a lot of time when you do it.  And I have made a solemn vow NEVER to take the bus through L.A. again as long as I live.  Life is too short for that BS.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Dreamscape

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2007, 11:38:52 AM »

KBUNNYSTARR,

Even though you have not posted much that's OK. It's not how many posts you have but what information you are seeking. In fact I was talking to my wife the other day regarding the fact that only a few LADY'S post here, was wondering what happened to you. Then you post the next day.

You are always welcome anytime for any reason!

I hope you don't feel offended, I am sure that was not what Dallas was trying to say, it did come across a bit differant though.

Hope your trip goes well and you find Peace in Redding.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape

They say great minds run in the same track and as I told Kristine I was thinking about her just a couple of days ago also. Hopefully she will at least check in occasionally and let us know how she is doing.
As far as I recall we only have three female members on the board. Kat does an excellent job of keeping us updated on Dallas's doings (I heard rumors she ducked him in the lake yesterday and made him sleep with the animals) LOL, Kristy checks in occasionally and now we just got to get Kristine to keep us updated.
Thanks, gals. we love having you.
Richard

Not any more, my wife "beckthespeck" (Becky) joined the other day as "Mrs. Dreamscape" #1514 member.  Wink

So that makes four. Cheesy

Paul
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2007, 12:50:06 PM »

I live in L.A., and with any city, you get to know the rhythm of the traffic jams.  Course I also listen to the AM radio sigalerts and also have a satellite gizmo that shows the slow areas, then I stay away from the traffic jams.  I generally don't spend more than 15 minutes a day in traffic because of all the alternative routes you can take, whether it be on surface streets or on another freeway.  I work 28 miles from my house and in the morning it takes about 30-40 minutes and in the afternoon about 45 minutes for the commute.  Now if I had to go the other way, I'd be in 2 hour traffic both ways (I go west to east in the morning and east to west at night against traffic).
Anyone coming into or driving through L.A. should do it between 10a-2p, and then with also checking traffic spots.  If any of you are coming through, please post it and I can give you the best route with the least traffic.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2007, 02:08:04 PM »

author=Dreamscape link=topic=5541.msg52162#msg52162 date=1189266644]
KBUNNYSTARR,

Not any more, my wife "beckthespeck" (Becky) joined the other day as "Mrs. Dreamscape" #1514 member.  Wink

Paul

Well may I then be the first to welcome beckthespeck, better known as Mrs. Dreamscape
to the board.
Richard
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 02:11:29 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2007, 02:12:50 PM »

author=Dreamscape link=topic=5541.msg52162#msg52162 date=1189266644]
Paul

Well may I then be the first to welcome beckthespeck, better known as Mrs. Dreamscape
to the board.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2007, 04:10:41 PM »

I live in L.A.,

You have my deepest sympathy and I have an enhanced respect for your tolerance (although not for your intelligence, given that you freely choose to live there)  Grin

You can count on it - if I break my vow regarding your city I will contact you.  But don't hold your breath.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2007, 04:30:36 PM »

If I may, I too would like to welcome Becky to the Board. To me it's always a joy to hear the gal side of the world of Bus Conversions.

I tease my wife, who's a total Bus Rally junkie, about the girls talking about what Nuts they're married to when they get together. Today she looked at me with 'that look' and said, "What makes you guy think that you're so important that we have to talk about you guys when a group of us are visiting?"

Having been relegated back to my normal status as a "mere man" I guess I got told where the bear s--t in the buckwheat!

Welcome Becky and any and all the gals who wish to join in.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Dreamscape

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2007, 06:27:01 PM »

Thanks NCbob!  Glad to feel welcome in the Bus Nut World!  Paul and I are getting ready for our first rally and really do look forward to it.  He has worked his butt off on our Eagle to get it to the point where we can sleep and shower in it and tomorrow I get to go out and decorate the bedroom.

beckthespeck
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2007, 10:59:17 PM »

Kristine -

Another thought:

The Feather River Canyon route over CA 70 is a spectacular drive, but, like Hiway 1 between Carmel and San Simeon, you do have to pay attention and not be in a hurry.  You can pick it up at Hallelujah Junction, about 15 mi north of Reno on 395.

This route will drop you down into the valley at Oroville, where you can merge onto Hiway 99 to Chico and then on into Redding.  You can save a little by taking the Durham cut-off, which by-passes Oroville, and is a little more direct to 99 from 70.

(Route trivia:  Sometimes this is the ONLY pass open over the Sierras in the winter when snow closes 80, 50 and 89.  BTDT!)

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

PS:  Nice to hear from you, and sorry to hear you've had a "trying" year.  If you ever get near Fresno, let me know, would be glad to visit for awhile.  Contact info's in my profile.

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2007, 05:21:33 AM »

latimes.com
Pit stops along U.S. 395 in California

September 9, 2007

Enjoy that ride to mammoth instead of blasting your way to Mammoth on U.S. 395, slow down; there now are more reasons to enjoy the drive. A new Eastern Sierra Cultural and Heritage Alliance map details 20 sites to visit along California's mother road, including national parks, museums and visitor centers such as Death Valley National Park and the Mammoth Ski Museum. To entice visitors to dally at as many sites as possible, the alliance has started a Passport Stamp Program, and the rewards for a stop are free items. Each location will give you a souvenir when you get a stamp in your passport at any of the sites. Request the passports and maps from www.visitmammoth.com (click on Request Information, then check Museum Guide), or call (888) 466-2666. While you are driving from site to site, you can immerse yourself in the highway's long, rich history by listening to audio from the Roadside Heritage 395 project. "Eastern Sierra Audio Tours, Paiutes, Prospectors, Pioneers" is the first in a series of CDs and MP3s with stories of the people and places that shaped the highway. Information and downloads are available at www.roadsideheritage.org. CDs also are free at visitor centers and museums along the highway.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: