Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 09:57:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody want a flat in motion satteleit dish?  (Read 4445 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« on: September 07, 2007, 06:44:20 PM »

Hi Folks,

Well,  I did it!

I didn't listen to my pioneer gps.... I waffled my satellite dome real bad..... I'm up in Livingston N.J. and just 2 miles from my destination,

I went under a train overpass and just ruined my dish. The bridge was not marked for height and I figured I would fit. Bummer.

It's now one of those 5" high ones...Lol  I guess I have to bite the bullet now and get the KVH A7.

Lesson learned, the hard way!
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Dreamscape

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 07:03:12 PM »

I guess I have to bite the bullet now and get the KVH A7

Oh you poor thing! Wink

Paul
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 07:37:21 PM »

Sorry about your mishap; bummer for sure.  Speaking of gps's...gee pee esses?? Anyhow, I'm fixin' to buy one (how do you like that, yankees?  I'm afixin' to...
I'm planning to buy a gps; Magellan, Tom Tom, or Garmin 330, something  basic.  Is there an upgrade I really need to consider, such as one that will give info re. low clearances?  Is there such an animal?  I really don't want to subscribe to a monthly thing to get live traffic updates, etc., but if there is a facture I might wish I had considered...suggestions?
Thanks,
Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 10:21:16 PM »

What GPS was it that warned you?

I feel your pain about having the get the new A-7, its already 5".

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 04:40:32 AM »

Yeah, Nick,
I guess that's really what I'm wondering, too.  What kind of gps warned you? Didn't mean to hijack your thread. Sorry.
Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 06:01:45 AM »

This sort of parallels something we were talking about at the airport the other day, Nick.  With airplanes there are "those who have landed with their wheels up and those who will...sooner or later."  Something tells me that it's almost the same with buses....'those who've tried tried to raise the height of a bridge...and those who will...someday'.

Sorry for your mishap...thankfully it was only your dome and ego that was damaged and not you or your family.  Just chalk it up to another "oops" and blame the voice on the GPS. Cheesy

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 06:52:45 AM »

Nick, Good thing you didn't take off a roof raise!!! Huh Cry Grin  may have to reward yourself with an upgrade

Hiyo,  I bought a laptop and and a delorme,   dont have quite portability but for about the but i do read the busboard from the bed

i also wanted something I could see while driving the bus since im not quite as old as JR Cheesy

it my stereo and DVD player since i had some old computer speakers laying around.

and you know the other stuff it'll do

got laptop on sale for 500 at comp usa and 100 for the delorme + tax etc.  still learning the software.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 06:56:30 AM »

Hi Guy's,

The GPS was trying to get me back on the Garden State Parkway and use the next exit, [which I ultimately did] and

my wife's cousin was the one trying to talk me through another way to his house via cell phone..... CRUNCH!

Surrrre... he goes that way all the time in his Lamborgini. [which is about 9' shorter]

Jim, My GPS is the Pioneer AVICN3 all in one with XM navtraffic

Last night I tried to bend all the parts back into shape but, it didn't work...

Nick-

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 07:19:48 AM »

OUCH!  Nick, sorry about that crunch.  How is the surrounding roof?  Is the roof still intact around the satellite dish area?  Rivets & seams OK?

Please do keep us posted on the low profile satellite dish search.  That is what we're going to install at some point. 

Kind Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 09:11:46 AM »

Hey Nick, that was taking your Do-it-yourself attitude a little too far! Better leave the Satellite dome modification to the pros!  Grin

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 08:39:37 PM »

Anyone ever stuck a camera up at roof-height in a look-forward configuration, so you can see how close the overpasses are going to be?
Linda-4104-FL

Night Coach

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 07:15:07 AM »

When they make a GPS that has bridge/overpass clearances, I sure hope they include Doppler radar on the screen so one can watch for rain conditions.  That would be cool.

We have a Garmin which periodically invokes the GRRRR and @#%&* vocalizations in our coach as we travel throughout the summer, but my brother says his recent issue of Consumer Reports rates the Garmin higher than the others.

Even with a GPS, we've learned that one has to be aware and watch over it because it does still get confusing, especially in cities.  Nevertheless, we'd truly be lost without it.

Linda
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 07:31:41 AM »

Now that you've made it public, you'll probably get a bill from NJ for scratching up the roof of the bridge Tongue

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 06:24:14 PM »

Hi Guy's,

I'm pretty sure I found the most reasonable supplier of the KVH A-7.

Anchor Express . com    lists it with free DHL next day delivery. I should have it Tuesday.

I ordered a roof mount Black unit that comes with a 12v Direct TV reciever.

Nick-

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 06:40:08 PM »

Now that you've made it public, you'll probably get a bill from NJ for scratching up the roof of the bridge Tongue

Len,

Knowing New Jersey, They will probably bill me for the scraches to the bridge and bill me for the damage to my sattelite too...Lol
New Jersey and You, Perrrrfect together!

Nick-

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: