Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 02:58:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody want a flat in motion satteleit dish?  (Read 4556 times)
Dallas

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2007, 05:55:29 AM »

Jon,

Here are some GPS update files:

http://www.discoveryowners.com/cginfolinks.htm
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2007, 07:46:48 AM »

Hi Jack,

The 12v reciever that comes with the unit is Not HD.  The unit IS HD..

My 2 HD recievers will be running from this antenna [LR & BR] I will install the 12v reciever on the bay TV.

This antenna uses 1 coaxal cable to the 12v reciever and I had to purchace a "destacker spliter" to run my HD recievers.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2007, 04:13:49 PM »

Ok, Nick, I need more detail.  Huh  Since I have the same unit, tell me how to send the HD signal back, because I was under the impression that everything had to go through the front receiver. . .the 12v one, and no, it is not HD Undecided .

Inquiring minds. . . which is really so silly  Wink , we spend all these gobs of money and 1/2 the time don't even turn the tv on for more than a few minutes, but I do like to hear the news right before I go to bed so I can pretend I know what's going on.   Cheesy

We've got TempBus about ready to head out to the Texas Rally this weekend. . . only by the hair of Larry's chinny chin chin  Tongue.  It'll be a whole new look for her. . . we'll see what people think.  Shocked  Christy Hicks

P.S. I used the files Jack mentioned and yes, they are very handy and easy to use to layer various truck stops, campgrounds, Wally Worlds, etc.  Do keep in mind, the newest information is still available on their websites, so you might want to use several sources to play it safe. 

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 04:29:59 PM »

Hi Christy,

The front, or 12v unit uses a stacked signal in the coaxel cable to also control the antenna. To add additional recievers with either standard

or HD, you must purchace a destacking splitter from KVH. The destacking splitter is installed between the antenna and the 12v reciever to allow you

to feed another, or multipal recievers to recieve what the antenna is locked onto. The 12v reciever must be inplace for the antenna to work.

Hope this helps
Nick-

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2007, 05:25:09 PM »

Jon,

Here are some GPS update files:

http://www.discoveryowners.com/cginfolinks.htm

thanks Dallas and Jack, 
interesting link,  I'm gonna have to try to figure it out, do you just open the zip files in a certain folder wher the software is?  i'm testing out on the hot springs one.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 05:59:39 PM »

I'll have to check out setting it up one of these days. . .right now, we just have a splitter that splits the signal between the tv's off of the 12v receiver, and if the door is open between the bedroom and front, I can "hit" the channel changer from bed.  We haven't put in any HD tv's so far, but I'm sure BigBus will get better ones, as the LCD ones are OK, but not great. 

So, do you have a separate mobile programming package or are you just doing like we did, and adding the receiver to your home package?  I was surprised they let us do that, but I sure wasn't going to argue with them, since paying a monthly fee for a complete package with the little traveling we have time to do. . .well, that was going to hurt my feelings.  Thanks, Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Dallas

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 06:05:34 PM »

Jon, just go to the main page of the discovery owners site

http://www.discoveryowners.com/cginfo.htm
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2007, 12:35:28 PM »

Hi Christy,

I have the same as you, home subscription and the bus recievers are add on's.

I'm in the middle of installing my A7 today. Hope to have it all wired up by tomorrow.

Nick-

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2007, 04:44:12 PM »

Hi Guy's,

First test of the A7....

Turned the system on after properly hooking all componets up and it took 7 seconds to lock in onto the satellite... Wow! I'm impressed allready.

So far all my programming is AOK. Next test will be on the road tomorrow.

Nick-

niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2007, 10:37:19 PM »

Hey Nick - was nice talking to you today - so as not to start a new thread (and I love hi-jacking others) - FYI the reason your insurance is so much better priced is because your MARRIED and I'M NOT - I told the Insurance Co. that I WON'T get married just to lower my rate, but I asked if I could borrow your wife - So what do you say? are you willing to loan your wife to another busnut in need? I'll split the savings with you - LOL - thanks for the info and help - Niles

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2007, 02:45:24 AM »

Now that's funny, you have to be married to save money!  And who says, insurance people don't have a sense of humor!

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2007, 03:39:48 AM »

Hey Nick - was nice talking to you today - so as not to start a new thread (and I love hi-jacking others) - FYI the reason your insurance is so much better priced is because your MARRIED and I'M NOT - I told the Insurance Co. that I WON'T get married just to lower my rate, but I asked if I could borrow your wife - So what do you say? are you willing to loan your wife to another busnut in need? I'll split the savings with you - LOL - thanks for the info and help - Niles

Sorry Niles......
I love my Busnut friends but, not that much!
Maybe you can get one of thoose e-mail wife's...... Cheap!
Nick-

belfert

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2007, 07:52:15 AM »

Now that's funny, you have to be married to save money!  And who says, insurance people don't have a sense of humor!

Insurance stats show that married folk are in general more responsible and less likely to engage in actions that will trigger insurance payouts.  This is one reason why males pay more until age 25 unless they get married.

My insurance costs are through the roof in part because I've never been married.  I'm paying about $2,600 a year for coverage on my bus, a VW Golf, and a house.  I do have the maximum coverage on my vehicles and a $1 million umbrella liability rider.  I get a substantial discount for good credit or I would be paying over $3,200 a year.  I have no tickets ever and one single vehicle accident in 2003 due to an icy road that is now off my insurance.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2007, 08:08:16 AM »

Insurance stats show that married folk are in general more responsible and less likely to engage in actions that will trigger insurance payouts. 

I think it has more to do with by 25 you may actually have something worth being sued for and you don't want to lose you stuff, thus triggering the I will be more responsible gene.

I guess that racing around the go-kart track at 50mph after a few beers may cause me to be just outside the statistical average.  Grin

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2007, 03:29:16 AM »

Jon, just go to the main page of the discovery owners site

http://www.discoveryowners.com/cginfo.htm

Done it!! Smiley  Thanks for the hand holding, Dallas Wink,  I didn't even know what to look for.

Thanks for sharing Nick,  I learned about the GPS,  you may haved saved me a roof air. or a trip for JR to come air down my tires to drive out Cheesy

Gary, The GPS says there is a low bridge in Piedmont on 86,  Lookout?

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: