Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 03:06:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whine, whine.....it's almost over  (Read 2591 times)
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 01:06:56 PM »

Gary - that's not a big block chevy is it? If it is the rotors are notorious problems (also cracked exhaust manifolds) - when I had one I always carried spare(s) and changed them when I changed the oil - fwiw

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 01:24:17 PM »

No Niles, my engine is not a Chevy, it is a (460 Ford).  Here is what is going on.  Oh, there is a Eagle here, OH yea, like mine WAS, had to look.

I am sending picture of broken rotor, no one can explain!!
Gary

Gary
maria-n-skip

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 01:31:05 PM »

Gary,

Not there so I can't tell for sure.......
 Had a 460 and the pin broke on the gear that runs on the cam. It allowed the rotor to come up and bust.

Of coarse the thing just before it happened ran like a piece of junk (which is was)

Skip
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 04:03:01 PM »

Just a few words to say thanks to kat, dallas and bryce for a great rally.sorry gary missed the best part.
 sunday, the trip to lamberts,the great tour by bryce and the ferry ride.
hope i have better luck going home than gary. we are now sitting in anice park in clarksville tenn getting ready to eat dinner.

uncle ned
"huggy bear"

ps  captain ron is a nice guy don't let his action fool you
thanks for the great steaks
he is a pretty good cook also

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Jerry Liebler

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 04:49:50 PM »

Gary,
    Are you sure you didn't have a stowaway named Joe Bfstplk (I hope you're old enough to remember L'il Abner) hiding in a bay.  Sorry I forgot you aren't driving the bus yet.  As always your adventures returning from rallys top mine, and I'm glad.  I think someone is trying to tell you it's time to quit tempting fate by driving a S&S, best get the bus done.  My error in reassembling my bus's brakes caused me to drive the 320 miles home from BK's with brakes on only one rear wheel but even at that they were twice what I had in the S&S that I'm fortunately rid of.  I really want to see your bus, but don't start back into it till after you publish the pictures. 
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 04:54:31 PM »

"On The Road Again", oh man my wallet got a pain but we are at a KOA as it is getting dark now and they did not get our S&S fixed till 6:30 pm.  My eye sight not that good at night, getting old I am told!!

Ned, You are right about Capt. Ron being a pretty nice fellow, I thought for a moment when I first saw him with the rebel stuff on and all the tatoos, this is going to be fun but as I have learned so many times in the past and just happen to forget at times you can just not tell a book by it's cover.  Ole Captnron did everyone great with the cooking, buying of the steaks like he did and entertaining us the entire night, FOR FREE too.  Good Luck Ron, hope to see you often and when you make it to the big time like you hope in the very near future we want tickets.  

Bill & Roberta, here is a great entertainer I am sure that would work out good for a few gigs at your great restaurant if he ever leaves the south.  

Well we gotta relax for the night, we spent most of the grandkids school milk money today, gonna kick back now.

Gary  
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 05:25:19 PM by Gary LaBombard » Logged

Gary
Jerry Liebler

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 08:03:46 PM »

Gary,
    I'd wager you coulda gotten a good bit of the grandkids milk money back from Captain Ron, for all the copies and rights to any pictures of him riding on a HONDA.
Regards
Jerry 4107 1120
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: